OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF Call Auctions

Started by hpo, February 25, 2023, 01:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpo

Snipers present! Was bidding on a Slaton short box that went through the roof over the last 5 minutes. Dang-beautiful box call.
Shoot'em in the Face!

doublespurs21

the duck calls are getting big dollars also..........

hpo

auctions in explicably getting extended-more $$ for the NWTF
Shoot'em in the Face!

310 gauge

Had a Pot Call get hung up in re-set mode. I was last bidder early last night but every time clock got inside the 2 minute mark it added another couple minutes. After watching for an extra 20 minutes I left and finally showed I won an hour later.

Greg Massey

I finally won Greg Gwaltney trumpet - Kingwood - placed 7th out of 45 entries ... I had some of those 5 minute harassment before i won... It was the only item i was bidding on...

GuideGun

I won a scratch box and a vibrating tongue call both from Eric Rice. My interest has grown lately in non traditional calls and these appear to be well crafted. Can't wait to see them.
Matt

DROCK

I was winning 12 items last night. Today, zero lol.

Notsoyoungturk

It appeared that the auction items were going in lots.  Every time someone placed a bid on any item in that lot, the clock reset for all the items.  Not good if you were a buyer.  Great for raising money for NWTF.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

turkey stew

The NWTF knows how to work it for the big$! Why do you think they eliminated the in person silent auction. They got an extra$30 from me because of there resetting time.

hpo

Yep-interesting. It's a way to continue to push the little folks out by taking our cash. They have done it with booth prices/placements, shortening the show and now this. Frustrating.
Shoot'em in the Face!

Greg Massey

I'm not sure of the problems everyone had, but they tell you if a bid comes in at the last 5 minutes it resets for another 5 minutes ....until all rebids have taken place .. for final bid...

callmakerman

Quote from: 310 gauge on February 25, 2023, 04:44:07 PM
Had a Pot Call get hung up in re-set mode. I was last bidder early last night but every time clock got inside the 2 minute mark it added another couple minutes. After watching for an extra 20 minutes I left and finally showed I won an hour later.
I had the same thing happen to me.

callmakerman

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 25, 2023, 06:51:40 PM
I'm not sure of the problems everyone had, but they tell you if a bid comes in at the last 5 minutes it resets for another 5 minutes ....until all rebids have taken place .. for final bid...
I know it wasn't that as I was the only one to bid on the call. If they are doing by lots then that's BS as it should be on a call-by-call basis.

vt35mag

I'm thinking it is by call lot because one call I bid on closed before another call in a different lot I was bidding on, even though it was scheduled to close 10min later

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: vt35mag on February 25, 2023, 08:13:42 PM
I'm thinking it is by call lot because one call I bid on closed before another call in a different lot I was bidding on, even though it was scheduled to close 10min later

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Agree i think it was in lot's ...