Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

GOATS Strategy: Stage One

Started by GobbleNut, February 25, 2023, 11:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lacire

And the two cent act is back.... Acid reflux and his sidekick Hapless... I've missed you, glad to see you're all back. How's the arm doing?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

zelmo1

Godzelmo, good one. How about " Goatzilla"

lacire

I looked through the social media footage and found one of eggie at the Dollar General concert. He's banging out the rap like an AK47 in full auto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy

Lactose intolerance:
We will leave you to practice killing the rhymes. You need to find something you're good at, and this might be it.
We will stick to what we know we are good at. Killing gobblers

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

crow

Quote from: lacire on March 20, 2023, 12:09:10 AM
Quote from: crow on March 19, 2023, 10:06:21 PM
Hey Lu C Lou

Did you see that book on clearance on eBay, "Road Hunting for Rookies"
If you jump on it you might just get to see what a gobbler looks like

Nah crowbait, I haven't seen the book but I do keep the audio version in the cassette deck of my LeBaron, the chapter I got the most out of and one you might subscribe to is to always carry a thermometer. I got tired of getting sick and bought one of the digital versions, you can just drive by real slow, stick it out the window, hit the trigger and get its temp instantly, saves you from stopping if it's been there awhile. I attached a link for you if you're interested. Not the cheapest but when it concerns your health don't economize.

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-IR1-Thermometer-Non-Contact/dp/B0873T6SGR/ref=asc_df_B0873T6SGR/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459638759190&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12536977248791584747&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032382&hvtargid=pla-942862716849&psc=1

Hey Le Shart,

Goats don't need no stinking thermometer, vast roadkill experience has taught us to give it the sniff/stiff test, if you can't get past the first test no need for the stiff test, but if you pick it up by the feet and hold it out and it stays like this  :newmascot:, best give it a pass for eating. But that book would still have tips for getting it photo ready, think of the ammo you'll save with your teams spray and pray method of shooting at the whole flock (your logo says it all)

lacire

Quote from: eggshell on March 19, 2023, 07:25:46 AM
I'm taking a nap.....

I've pulled the ears off four nanny goats in the last 24 hours........ I think I'll take a nap too.

eggshell

Post all you want, but I am tapping out of the jousting contest. It was fun for a while, but after a dozen dead horses and several head wounds (on both sides) I am tired and would rather banter with the Home high command. I'm too old and my mental stamina is not what it used to be.

lacire

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reflexl

I found it! Went to Dollar General and Scattered Flock's original album was on clearance!

crow

JeffC

I see 'Cranky's"  transitioning ...trying to kill a turkey by scaring it to death...

JeffC

lacire

Quote from: reflexl on March 20, 2023, 07:10:42 PM
I found it! Went to Dollar General and Scattered Flock's original album was on clearance!

Gosh bowflex, thank you for the post, great find. I didn't know that it was being rereleased so I'll need to check up on the royalties. Boy does that bring back the memories, that was over 50 years ago, a little blurry but I'm fourth from the left. It's looks comical now and the cover was actually printed wrong, the group was the Teddy Bears and was supposed to be a tribute album to Elvis Presley. I don't tell this story very often anymore but the cover was shot a few months before Susan Dey and I broke up. When the promoters invited the band to what I thought would be a posh turkey dinner I took her with me. When we arrived lo and behold the record company had arranged for Elvis to greet us. I had never seen anybody eat a fried banana and peanut butter sandwich with bacon before but we each ended up ordering one. I think it was in late 1970 around Thanksgiving, I do remember him remarking about the album cover and asking where we had purchased our pants. I think his was the only album I ever autographed.

reflexl

Quote from: JeffC on March 20, 2023, 09:26:09 PM
"reject" not far behind...

That is actually a publicity photo for Hunter Biden. He is writing a book called "Goats and Coke." It
took him 3 months to teach that goat how to dress.
I aint buying it.

Happy

Quote from: JeffC on March 20, 2023, 09:24:38 PM
I see 'Cranky's"  transitioning ...trying to kill a turkey by scaring it to death...
It takes a real hunter to kill one with just a stick. However, that's just one of our groupies. They get a little crazy sometimes trying to get our attention. Course when you are oozing manliness and good looks like this group, it's bound to happen.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club