turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkyote Hunt?

Started by Archivist13, February 14, 2023, 06:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobrunner

If they come to my turkey call I will shoot them.

Howieg

I've killed them coming to a turkey calls several times , just last spring I killed 2 yelped up .
I've shot them several times  bow hunting deer .
I've killed them at night , coon hunting .
I've killed them while feeding cows .
I've killed them during calving season .
My point is I've killed a pile of em , and they still wake me up almost nightly around my house .
Can't even put a dent in the population around here .

Duckdogdad

Had a coyote hit a decoy at full speed years ago. Came outta nowhere and was 40 yards away before he dropped decoy and disappeared. Whole episode probably last three seconds...never got my gun up before it was gone.

deathfoot

Wait...y'all telling me some states don't allow coyote killing year round? Something is definitely wrong with that picture. There needs to be some lobbying going on to change that. TFT or NWTF should be all over that.

roberthyman14

Quote from: deathfoot on February 15, 2023, 08:47:28 PM
Wait...y'all telling me some states don't allow coyote killing year round? Something is definitely wrong with that picture. There needs to be some lobbying going on to change that. TFT or NWTF should be all over that.
Florida only cares about money.  Osceola turkeys and offshore fishing.  Heck its nearly impossible to trap legally 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

EastKyGobblerSlayer

I noticed many replies about ruining a turkey hunt and wanted to share an experience I had. I had two come slipping in to my calling a few years ago and shot one. The other ran straight at me so fast I could only think to jump to my feet and try to hit him point blank. He wheeled just before I could squeeze the trigger at about two strides. I shot at him running away but didn't get a solid hit. I was sure the day was over for turkey and took a few photos. Picked up a call and made a few what I believed to be futile prospecting calls. I not only got a response but he was only about 70 yards away. Came in on 
a string and I was able to take a nice gobbler not ten steps from the dead coyote. I'm sure it could ruin a hunt in some cases but if the coyote is close enough to hear a gobble and he was slipping to a hen call already I'd say he will likely ruin your chances either way. If given the chance I will try to complete this spring double again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cottonmouth

I've called up more fox than anything around here. Killed alot of hogs while turkey hunting too. That tss is rough on a hog.