OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Franchi affinity 3 pistol grip 20 gauge

Started by slave601, February 12, 2023, 05:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slave601

After debating on which 20 gauge to go with I ended up ordering the franchi affinity 3 pistol grip 20 gauge. Question is now what choke? I see a lot on the sumtoy .562 the Indian creek .562 but also the .555 as well for a hot core. I'll be running apex 9s as well. Amy help would be appreciated cause this will be my first 20 gauge
"thinnin the flock"

Gmed

We run I.C. .570s and Apex Ninja 8.5 shot. Deadly......

slave601

I'm hearing the franchis really like the .562
"thinnin the flock"

twyatt

Depends on what you're looking for.  I tried a TruLock .585 ported in mine with Apex 9's and it was still crazy tight. My buddy currently runs the same setup. 
I ended up getting a Franchi factory extended .600 and hunted that until I sold the gun.  I like a little more forgiveness at 20 and still lethal at 40.   The .600 ended up being perfect for me. 

PennBirdy

My franchi did well with a nonported Carlson's .575. Tight enough to reach out some, but still forgiving when they were in your lap. Also priced right!

Greg Massey

I used the choke that came with my Elite 3 - Rhino 565 and it's awesome .... Right now I'm shooting Long Beards number 6 because i have some many of these shells and the first time I took it out last year i killed a gobbler with the gun... BEST shotgun I've ever used or carried hunting ... and believe me I've got several turkey guns...