turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sneed Turtle Shell

Started by Bedge7767, February 11, 2023, 10:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedge7767

I posted this on the Sneed Facebook group. Figured I would post it here too. A pretty neat older call.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Jim

turkey stew

Sweet turtle shell call. Do you know how many Mr. Sneed made?

Bedge7767

Quote from: turkey stew on February 11, 2023, 10:23:40 PM
Sweet turtle shell call. Do you know how many Mr. Sneed made?
I don't know how many he made but I haven't seen many of them.

Jim

Greg Massey

Great find... my first slate turkey call was a piece of slate glued in a turtle shell with a cedar corncob striker.. I trimmed the piece of cedar from a limb with a pocket knife ... i still have that call...

Bedge7767

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 11, 2023, 11:23:00 PM
Great find... my first slate turkey call was a piece of slate glued in a turtle shell with a cedar corncob striker.. I trimmed the piece of cedar from a limb with a pocket knife ... i still have that call...
Post a picture of it.

Jim

Greg Massey

Quote from: Bedge7767 on February 11, 2023, 11:25:12 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 11, 2023, 11:23:00 PM
Post a picture of it.

I will in the future ....

1iagobblergetter

Thats really neat! ? I have a alot of his calls including a Sneed Yelper. I havent seen many of those around just like i never knew he made a turtle shell call.

Sir-diealot

That's a neat call, he makes some neat ones, I want to get more from him soon. I have an old piece of slate from a call that broke and thought about making one from actual turtle shell (Not sure if the Sneed is real or carved?) but the laws here on what turtle shells you can have and what size and all that are a nightmare to try to figure out so I abandoned the idea.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

jmart241

Bedge7767

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 12, 2023, 07:59:02 AM
That's a neat call, he makes some neat ones, I want to get more from him soon. I have an old piece of slate from a call that broke and thought about making one from actual turtle shell (Not sure if the Sneed is real or carved?) but the laws here on what turtle shells you can have and what size and all that are a nightmare to try to figure out so I abandoned the idea.
It's a real shell.

Jim

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bedge7767 on February 12, 2023, 08:58:59 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 12, 2023, 07:59:02 AM
It's a real shell.

Thanks, that makes it even cooler yet.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

EZ

Quote from: Bedge7767 on February 11, 2023, 10:06:19 PM
I posted this on the Sneed Facebook group. Figured I would post it here too. A pretty neat older call.

The coolness factor of that call is WAY up there. Got to be very rare too.

callmakerman

Love the look of this call and would love to hear it. I've built a couple of small turtle shell calls that sound OK. I also have a shell that looks just like that one in a box waiting for me to try it again. Nice pick-up Jim.

3bailey3

Dang Jim you amaze me the calls you can find, cool stuff right there!

turkeyhunter99x

That's a really cool call made by a legendary very special call maker. Nice find!