OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fed Heavyweights/ 12 gauge BPS

Started by decoykrvr, June 21, 2011, 02:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decoykrvr

I think I'm like a lot of folks on here who have about thrown in the towel trying to find load/choke combinations w/ the Fed HW which exceeds the performance of the Hevi-13 loads.  I realize that for all given shot sizes that the equivalent EM loads have more pellets, and it's obvious that the EM loads seem to be more compatible w/ a wider variety of chokes.  With that said, has anyone found a really good Fed HW load/choke combination for the Browning BPS Invector + with either 31/2" or 3" loads?  I've shot a bunch of the Fed HW shells through 4 different guns w/ a wide variety of chokes, and the only gun I've got which likes the HW shells is a 3" Model 37, Ithaca barrel which Mark Bansner sleeved 27 years ago which has an id of .665 and a lengthened forcing cone.  I wouldn't be surprised if the techniques Mark used years ago and Rob Roberts current modifications aren't very similar.  Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
Craig

Quax

My browning gold with a non-ported Hastings 660 has put 180 in the 10 at 40 with the 3" fed HW 7s. Good numbers in my opinion, especially in that shell at 1300fps. I shot a Hastings 665 in that same gun and my numbers dropped. A 660 in a weatherby sa-08 which is a .730 bore gun put up 160 with a very even pattern.