turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

need help choosing choke for tss, with pics of patterns

Started by wlf89, February 06, 2023, 07:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlf89

i am just getting into shooting tss, with the help of hal i have loaded a few 3in 2oz #8s and got the chance to try them out today with the chokes i had on hand.
the gun is stoeger p3500 12ga. i wasnt impressed with the results but i think all of my lead chokes have them over chocked.
i tested longbeard xr choke .650 and primos tightwad .655
i am looking for recommendations on a choke to use? the pics below are both at 40yrds and 60 degree temps.

longbeard 176 10in circle and 441 on the whole sheet of paper around 30x30
tightwad 191 10in 448 total

runngun

Did you try your Factory Full, improved modified or modified choke..I think that you will be surprised to see what they are doing with TSS.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

wlf89

yes i did try the factory full which is .660 non ported but it was awful only 128 in 10in so i didnt even bother posting it, after talking to my buddy and indian creek i have a .665 on the way.

runngun

Indian Creek makes awesome chokes, as well as Sumtoy. William at Sumtoy is great to work with. He absolutely knows his stuff.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

kwild835

Quote from: wlf89 on February 07, 2023, 07:30:14 AM
yes i did try the factory full which is .660 non ported but it was awful only 128 in 10in so i didnt even bother posting it, after talking to my buddy and indian creek i have a .665 on the way.
I would be surprised if the IC .665 doesn't do well with your combo.  8's will not put up mind blowing numbers(only 504 pellets), so if you get 250+ in the 10" you will be cooking with gas. 

bbcoach

wlf89

got the choke in the mail and tested a shot thru it? what do yall think call it good? 288 in 10in and 180 20in 468 total out of 510 pellets in the shell.

kwild835

That is stellar with straight 8's! 92% in the 20" circle, that will hit like a train.

Ranman

jordanz7935

That pattern with the Indian creek are great!! Stop there and go kill some turkeys! I'm a big fan of #8 tss, been using 8's in my 16 ga for a few years and they really hammer em.