turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cz bobwhite 28 gauge question

Started by Teamblue, February 05, 2023, 01:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamblue

I just purchased a used cz bobwhite 28 gauge with 26" barrels and would like to make a neat turkey rig like i have seen on here.  My question is, has anybody had a mount made or mounted a reflex sight to theirs?

I have read what i think is all the postings on this forum about this particular gun. I have seen it mentioned it but never a conclusion. 
Heres a pic of it today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shatcher

I haven't.  I put Skinner sights on mine.  You can flat make that a turkey killing machine.

Teamblue

I saw Skinner sights mentioned in a few posts. I had them on my Marlin 1895 and liked them. Do you have any pictures?  What model skinner sights did you use?  What about the front sight?  Thanks for the insight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Message SumToy on here. He is a renowned gunsmith, proud supporter of our forum, and does great work. If he can't do it, it can't be done.....
"Solo hunter"

runngun

Interested in this as well. I just got A CZ Sharptail 20 gauge and I am setting it up.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

shatcher

Quote from: Teamblue on February 05, 2023, 04:29:26 PM
I saw Skinner sights mentioned in a few posts. I had them on my Marlin 1895 and liked them. Do you have any pictures?  What model skinner sights did you use?  What about the front sight?  Thanks for the insight

The rear sight is similar to the one on the Ruger rifle.  The front sight is a rifle style ramp with a brass bead (not seen on the website).  I can send photos if you PM me your cell.

DocHolliday

Quote from: shatcher on February 05, 2023, 02:58:54 PM
I haven't.  I put Skinner sights on mine.  You can flat make that a turkey killing machine.

^^This

I would not put a red dot on that gun unless you absolutely had to.

shatcher

Quote from: DocHolliday on February 09, 2023, 04:28:58 PM
Quote from: shatcher on February 05, 2023, 02:58:54 PM

^^This

I would not put a red dot on that gun unless you absolutely had to.

Doc knows his stuff.  He helped me out.  Excellent resource.