turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tri star viper G2 20 gauge?????

Started by slave601, February 03, 2023, 06:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slave601

I've been wanting a 20 gauge with all the capabilities of them nowadays and I've found this gun for under 600 bucks at a local store. How are these guns patterning with tss and the reliability of them? Thanks for any input
"thinnin the flock"

FL-Boss

Same as all the other SA Turkish-made guns by Mossberg, past Weatherby's, and countless other importers. I've had probably over 10 of these Turkish guns. Just picked up a Viper 12ga last month to add to the fleet. I would say with Tristar you will get better support.
The gun is fine.. can't beat the price.

slave601

What choke system (threads) are they using?
"thinnin the flock"

runngun

Some say  Mobil some Remington, my Charles Daly which is made in Turkey as well is supposed to be Mobil choke, but it definitely is not. I bought a Mobil choke for it and it will not work.  Proprietary threads is what I am being told. Look like Mobil, but threads have flat tips instead of peak.
If it's a problem, Sumtoy can make you a choke for your gun using existing threads. 

Have a good one, Bo

###***NOTE++&&& EDITED BECAUSE I WROTE CZ MY GUN IS ACTUALLY A CHARLES DALY

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Upfold99

Viper g2 is mobile threads.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

cm1021

The Tristar are awesome guns! I currently own 3 of them, all in 20g.

I bought one a few years back that I kept new in box for a few years, went to take it out and set it up to find out the mag tube was threaded crooked. Called CS, shipped it to them, and I had it back within a week and a half, fixed. Now I had bought this over 3 years before I found the issue. Technically I think it was outside of the warranty period, yet they didn't charge me a dime. I'll be a Tristar fan for a long time, just from customer service alone.

I picked up one of their pistol grip in bottomland last year and I absolutely love it. You can't go wrong with Tristar in my opinion. I'll shoot it up against any of the big names, yet pay a lot less.

Trkmaster88

What is the LOP on their pistol grips?