only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Type of Music/Songs-Traveling Tunes

Started by runngun, February 03, 2023, 10:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

Quote from: crow on February 04, 2023, 09:05:21 PM
Quote from: Paulmyr on February 04, 2023, 08:26:22 PM
The 10th Legion and The old Pro on audio book come out on the really long trips. I think 18 hrs from MN to northern Ga was enough time to cover both and than some.

I didn't know Old Pro was available on audio, very cool.
I have several of Col. Tom Kelly's books on audio, there are always a couple in the truck thru turkey season, makes a trip go by fast

I got old Pro on Kindle. E book and narration.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Mountainburd

Quote from: nativeks on February 04, 2023, 12:33:09 AM
My wife calls my mix schizophrenic. One minute you are listening to Young Jeezy and Akon sing about slinging drugs. The next is some Gordon Lightfoot, then you may wander over to Garth Brooks before coming back to Eminem.

I also listen to alot of podcasts. Cleared Hot is my favorite followed closely by locked on big 12.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Ha, I thought I was the only one that listens to Gordon Lightfoot.  He was before my time, but I've been listening to him since I was a kid. My parents are huge fans.  His greatest hits are a go to on many of my long drives. I listen to a lot of Sam Cooke as well.  I too love classic or "old" country.  I'm all over the map.

I'm also really into woodsy or earthy music.  It's kind of hard to describe.  Bon Iver, Bears Den, Gregory Isakov, etc.  This is nice easy listening stuff that fits well with the woods and nature. 

Mossberg90MN

First thing I do is put some Metal on and crank it!

Sometimes I'm waking up real early to get to a spot and I need to make sure I'm awake haha

This can range from Metallica to some more modern real heavy stuff.

After about an hour I'm normally awake enough and I'm somewhat of a cruise control on my trip, and from there I will switch it up to probably a Turkey podcast.

On really long trips I'll start again with some metal or 80s rock like Motley Crue, then go onto a podcast for about 3-4 hours, switch it back up with maybe some country once I'm about 30 min from my spot I like to just shut the radio off and give my ears a little bit to re-adjust from the music.

I guess the short answer is Metal and Turkey Podcast. Every now and then there's a random deer hunting podcast thrown in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

I like both kinds of music, country and western.  :)

I prefer older country and classic rock when I travel.  I refuse to pay for satellite radio so I usually listen to what I can find or practice my mouth calling. :)
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: Tail Feathers on February 05, 2023, 10:35:26 AM

I prefer older country and classic rock when I travel.  I refuse to pay for satellite radio so I usually listen to what I can find or practice my mouth calling. :)
Yes forgot about that... constant call practicing!

Paulmyr

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on February 05, 2023, 11:14:34 AM

Curious, which Metallica thrash helps your cadence when practicing?   :you_rock:
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

crow

Quote from: Happy on February 04, 2023, 11:50:23 AM
Don't really have theme songs. Just some songs I really like when I get that feeling that a gobbler is gonna die. Hank the 3rd  "from a ghost to a ghost" comes to mind as one of those songs. Now I hear the boring 20's have a theme song. I am pretty sure to the north of me, I heard zelmo trying to get the band back together and sending out the call. Here is what I heard. https://youtu.be/PYW2RQEZITM

I think it was Zorro's team last year that had Puff the Magic Dragon as a theme song

it should of been "Puff there goes the magic gobbler, done got busted again"

crow

One time coming out of the woods I heard some weird music, snuck up to the edge of a clearing and there's "paboxcall" sitting on the ground tied to a tree (I think he had dozed off hunting as there were 7-8 decoys spread around including 2 full strutters)

He was in the center of a drum circle session and these hippie chicks were dancing around playing his boxcalls in time with the drums, he was smiling and purring on a little slate so I just backed out of there, too many hippie chicks in one spot has always made me nervous

paboxcall

LOL.

Truth is if Jerry Garcia is involved, or any derivative of Jerry through the years, its probably playing on the truck sound system.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: crow on February 05, 2023, 03:07:01 PM
One time coming out of the woods I heard some weird music, snuck up to the edge of a clearing and there's "paboxcall" sitting on the ground tied to a tree (I think he had dozed off hunting as there were 7-8 decoys spread around including 2 full strutters)

He was in the center of a drum circle session and these hippie chicks were dancing around playing his boxcalls in time with the drums, he was smiling and purring on a little slate so I just backed out of there, too many hippie chicks in one spot has always made me nervous
Too many hippy chicks in one spot is definitely a red flag!

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: Paulmyr on February 05, 2023, 11:48:22 AM
Quote from: Mossberg90MN on February 05, 2023, 11:14:34 AM

Curious, which Metallica thrash helps your cadence when practicing?   :you_rock:
Hahah Master of Puppets is good for practicing  cutts!

Calls come out after the rock music... sometimes I'll just use them while listening to podcasts. I do have a few turkey CDs download to my phone. So I can switch to that!