OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your most used call

Started by ScottTaulbee, January 31, 2023, 12:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Glass Hammer and a reed to close it out when it's going good. Most times there is a whole lot in between.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

ChesterCopperpot

Permar delrin classic is definitely my most used and most consistently carried call. I'm a pot call and yelper man for sure. I usually carry two to four pots and five to eight strikers, the pot choices changing as the season progresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdirks

I have killed most of my turkeys with a pot call. Wendell Rye makes all of my pot calls. My Ambrosia Maple Slate over glass has the highest head count. My Wormy Persimmon Copper over acrylic has tricked a few also. The last couple years I have gotten into using a trumpet. The late Lewis Stowe made a couple for me, his original trumpet in AZ Desert Ironwood and a cartridge call in African Black Wood. The ABW cartridge call had an Old Tom coming last year until a mushroom hunter decided to crash the party. I have a Lynch box call that doesn't get much use. Other than when using a flute, I always have a Gooserbat mouth call in. They have fooled a few Tom's into their untimely death also. I have an AZ Desert Ironwood tube call that Pappy from this page made. I just can't seem to get it mastered, so it stays on the shelf.

Gobbler428

I use trumpets and box calls the majority of the time. I carry several of each so if he doesn't like one I will try another. I always finish with the same call that I start him with. My favorite trumpet and most used is a KP Cocobolo.

Cottonmouth

I hate to say it but my go to call for the last 15 yrs has been a Quaker boy rimshot slate I got on clearance from Wal-Mart for $5. That thing has caused a lot of death in the turkey population over the years.

TJ3152

Start them with either a short box or longbox normally. Scratch box is always available if needed. Always have a mouth call in my mouth to finish with allowing no movement.  I do carry a pot but it normally stays in the vest unless other calls aren't effective that particular day.