Started by Greg Massey, January 30, 2023, 08:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: crow on January 31, 2023, 11:38:35 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on January 31, 2023, 08:43:16 PM
Quote from: paboxcall on January 31, 2023, 08:20:06 PM
Quote from: tal on January 31, 2023, 07:37:00 PM
The gloves are coming off

ol' Crow just kept his gloves on maybe we wouldn't be talking about iodine stains.
Crow ... are you trying to create a new camo pattern with all those stains? Like the Mossy Oak bottomland ... NO TP and NO Zip Lock Bags ... LOL...

The real advantage of Realtree  Advantage is that it tears easily into small pieces for emergencies
:TooFunny:

EZ

Quote from: crow on January 31, 2023, 06:09:50 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 31, 2023, 03:59:02 PM
Quote from: crow on January 31, 2023, 02:44:22 PM
Quote from: EZ on January 31, 2023, 09:48:13 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 31, 2023, 09:16:46 AM
Quote from: crow on January 30, 2023, 09:56:57 PM
Greg, I soak my hands in a mixture of salt brine, dill pickle juice and iodine, this toughens them up to the cold and the iodine also stains them to a nut brown color, so no gloves needed.

I started 3 weeks ago, if you get started you still have plenty of time
Add some horse urine to it and you'll be just like the old boxers. Of course you have to soak your face in it like they did too.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Crow claims he already tried that horse urine thing and that it doesn't work. He doesn't mention that it was DONKEY urine!!!

I've had enough horse and donkey residue soaked into my hands over the years that Chanel #5 wouldn't make a dent, thats why I mostly play 1 handed, can't stand the smell of 2 of my hands near my face.
So that is why you can grab onto a blazing kettle like Kane and not even end up with a dragon and tiger marking?!

your thinking of EZ, rumor has it he went thru that initiation to be the backup singer for the dixie chicks.
He failed and it burnt the faces of the girls that played fiddle and banjo onto each arm. Which is why he  only wears long sleeve org. tree bark camo shirts to this very day

That's a LIE!!!.........but I did spank the chubby one!!!

Terry

I don't wear them until the long beard is getting considerably closer to me. At that point I want to muffle my calling anyways so the semi muted sound doesn't bother me. But any other time I am gloveless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow

Quote from: EZ on February 01, 2023, 06:58:02 AM
Quote from: crow on January 31, 2023, 06:09:50 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 31, 2023, 03:59:02 PM
Quote from: crow on January 31, 2023, 02:44:22 PM
Quote from: EZ on January 31, 2023, 09:48:13 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 31, 2023, 09:16:46 AM
Quote from: crow on January 30, 2023, 09:56:57 PM
Greg, I soak my hands in a mixture of salt brine, dill pickle juice and iodine, this toughens them up to the cold and the iodine also stains them to a nut brown color, so no gloves needed.

I started 3 weeks ago, if you get started you still have plenty of time
Add some horse urine to it and you'll be just like the old boxers. Of course you have to soak your face in it like they did too.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Crow claims he already tried that horse urine thing and that it doesn't work. He doesn't mention that it was DONKEY urine!!!

I've had enough horse and donkey residue soaked into my hands over the years that Chanel #5 wouldn't make a dent, thats why I mostly play 1 handed, can't stand the smell of 2 of my hands near my face.
So that is why you can grab onto a blazing kettle like Kane and not even end up with a dragon and tiger marking?!

your thinking of EZ, rumor has it he went thru that initiation to be the backup singer for the dixie chicks.
He failed and it burnt the faces of the girls that played fiddle and banjo onto each arm. Which is why he  only wears long sleeve org. tree bark camo shirts to this very day

That's a LIE!!!.........but I did spank the chubby one!!!

I hope you wore gloves, did they muffle the sound

EZ

Yeah, but they didn't stop the "jiggle"!!!!  :funnyturkey:

paboxcall

Quote from: Terry on February 01, 2023, 07:06:13 AM
I don't wear them until the long beard is getting considerably closer to me. At that point I want to muffle my calling anyways so the semi muted sound doesn't bother me. But any other time I am gloveless.

Unless its a cold sunrise, this describes my approach to gloves.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Greg Massey

I'm taking up donations for some palmless gloves and a NO - face / facemask ...  I can't find inodine anywhere ... Crow ..... I couldn't find toilet paper but i did manage to pickup a few red and white corncobs .... paboxcall....  Y'all have given me some good advice over the years ....

Meleagris gallopavo

I've often considered how camo KT tape would work on the outside of the hands.  I hate wearing gloves, even when duck hunting when it's cold.  I may try some this year turkey hunting.  I normally wear the stretchy gloves with the index finger removed when turkey hunting.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Kygobblergetter

I never wear any gloves and it hasn't been an issue. If you're not moving he won't see you. If you are I don't think gloves will save you anyway

wchadw

I have some fingerless Banded gloves that I cut the palms out of
Works pretty good

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: wchadw on February 02, 2023, 06:23:24 PM
I have some fingerless Banded gloves that I cut the palms out of
Works pretty good

Best idea I've heard yet!

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Scpossum

Funniest thread I have read in a long time.  I use the carbomask facepaint for my hands.  Not greasy and dries after a few minutes out of the truck. Lasts all morning. Re apply in evening.

gmbellew

to bring this thread back to somewhat of a serious nature, I ran Simms Solarflex Sungloves (fingerless/palm less) last season and was really pleased in the small amount of impact they have on the sound from trumpets/yelpers, and also helped not muffle the sound from pot calls also.

crow

Quote from: paboxcall on January 31, 2023, 08:20:06 PM
Quote from: tal on January 31, 2023, 07:37:00 PM
The gloves are coming off

ol' Crow just kept his gloves on maybe we wouldn't be talking about iodine stains.

Somebody you know picked a glove up with a stick in a WMU parking lot and asked if I wanted it for a spare  :TooFunny:

also, it was in the year of the great Covid Darkness

West Augusta

I wear gloves with the thumb,  index and middle finger cut off.  I haven't had any complaints from gobblers.
All 4 birds taken last year came in to a trumpet. I'll continue to wear a glove.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.