OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trumpet / Gloves

Started by Greg Massey, January 30, 2023, 08:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Quote from: EZ on January 31, 2023, 09:48:13 AM
Crow claims he already tried that horse urine thing and that it doesn't work. He doesn't mention that it was DONKEY urine!!!

Crow asked me one spring afternoon post hunt if I cared to take a swig from his hip flask.

Glad I said no.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

runngun

Please keep going, this is priceless.  Hilarious....

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

mountainhunter1

I have only worn a glove on my lead hand for years now (as a right handed shooter - my left hand is out front on the gun). If a turkey is close enough to see my right hand on the trigger - he should already be dead. Now that I have been running a wingbone the past couple of years, I have about decided that this year I may just not even wear the left glove anymore. I honestly feel like I can hear a difference to my ear in sound when I have both gloves on, but it may just be in my head.

I quit wearing gloves for deer some years back (unless too cold to do so), and have yet to busted for doing so. I really think it is 99% about just no movement when he gets close. I see some of this you tube stuff and folks getting away with quite a lot of movement in other states. Yet, in North Georgia the Toms won't tolerate any movement. I try to be a statue and use the diaphram as much as possible when he is in my lap unless I'm calling for someone and can sit behind them and have more freedom to keep running a pot call, trumpet, etc. for soft stuff to finish a bird.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Greg Massey

Quote from: runngun on January 31, 2023, 02:09:18 PM
Please keep going, this is priceless.  Hilarious....

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
We can't get carried away.  WE don't want to end up in JAIL ... LOL.....  It's just some of us older members having fun... LOL....

Greg Massey

What about adding a little doe in heat and buck urine to the mix .. Crow ... Guys we better be careful some of these newbies on the forum might think we are serious

crow

Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 31, 2023, 09:16:46 AM
Quote from: crow on January 30, 2023, 09:56:57 PM
Greg, I soak my hands in a mixture of salt brine, dill pickle juice and iodine, this toughens them up to the cold and the iodine also stains them to a nut brown color, so no gloves needed.

I started 3 weeks ago, if you get started you still have plenty of time
Add some horse urine to it and you'll be just like the old boxers. Of course you have to soak your face in it like they did too.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Crow claims he already tried that horse urine thing and that it doesn't work. He doesn't mention that it was DONKEY urine!!!

:TooFunny:

I've had enough horse and donkey residue soaked into my hands over the years that Chanel #5 wouldn't make a dent, thats why I mostly play 1 handed, can't stand the smell of 2 of my hands near my face.

crow

Quote from: paboxcall on January 31, 2023, 02:05:41 PM

Crow asked me one spring afternoon post hunt if I cared to take a swig from his hip flask.

Glad I said no.

You would of been just fine, all flask contents get run thru a Brita water filter,  twice.

tal

I'm telling Charles Stanley on all of ya

Sir-diealot

Quote from: crow on January 31, 2023, 02:44:22 PM
Greg, I soak my hands in a mixture of salt brine, dill pickle juice and iodine, this toughens them up to the cold and the iodine also stains them to a nut brown color, so no gloves needed.

Add some horse urine to it and you'll be just like the old boxers. Of course you have to soak your face in it like they did too.

I've had enough horse and donkey residue soaked into my hands over the years that Chanel #5 wouldn't make a dent, thats why I mostly play 1 handed, can't stand the smell of 2 of my hands near my face.
So that is why you can grab onto a blazing kettle like Kane and not even end up with a dragon and tiger marking?!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

crow

Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 31, 2023, 03:59:02 PM

So that is why you can grab onto a blazing kettle like Kane and not even end up with a dragon and tiger marking?!

your thinking of EZ, rumor has it he went thru that initiation to be the backup singer for the dixie chicks.
He failed and it burnt the faces of the girls that played fiddle and banjo onto each arm. Which is why he  only wears long sleeve org. tree bark camo shirts to this very day

Sir-diealot

Quote from: crow on January 31, 2023, 06:09:50 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 31, 2023, 03:59:02 PM

your thinking of EZ, rumor has it he went thru that initiation to be the backup singer for the dixie chicks.
He failed and it burnt the faces of the girls that played fiddle and banjo onto each arm. Which is why he  only wears long sleeve org. tree bark camo shirts to this very day
I think I would have to get a tattoo to cover those up.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tal

Back up singer for the Dixie Chicks.... LOL.
The gloves are coming off, let's get ready to rumble.

paboxcall

Quote from: tal on January 31, 2023, 07:37:00 PM
The gloves are coming off

ol' Crow just kept his gloves on maybe we wouldn't be talking about iodine stains.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Greg Massey

Quote from: paboxcall on January 31, 2023, 08:20:06 PM

ol' Crow just kept his gloves on maybe we wouldn't be talking about iodine stains.
Crow ... are you trying to create a new camo pattern with all those stains? Like the Mossy Oak bottomland ... NO TP and NO Zip Lock Bags ... LOL...

crow

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 31, 2023, 08:43:16 PM
Quote from: paboxcall on January 31, 2023, 08:20:06 PM

Crow ... are you trying to create a new camo pattern with all those stains? Like the Mossy Oak bottomland ... NO TP and NO Zip Lock Bags ... LOL...

The real advantage of Realtree  Advantage is that it tears easily into small pieces for emergencies