OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 940 reliability

Started by Bingoman, January 05, 2023, 10:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingoman

Anybody running one of the newer 940 turkey offerings from Mossberg? Curious to hear any accuracy or function issues. Looks like a well featured gun.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Killer gun that was ran through its paces in quite a few states/weather conditions and 40+ days hunting last spring. Several buddies harvested their birds with my gun and absolutely loved it.

Mine liked an Indian Creek tube the best, and the Holosun 507k fits like a glove. Mines the 18.5" barrel.

Highly recommend for a dedicated turkey shotgun.

Bingoman

Awesome. How does that barrel choke combo work out past 40 yards?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

I patterned it to 50 yards with LB XR 3" 5's and it would kill turkeys all day at that distance, and what I used to hunt with this spring. I got some 2 1/4 oz 3" Apex TSS loads that were blowing out the pattern bad at any distance beyond 30, so I need to do some tinkering with chokes if I'm going to opt over to the TSS shells, but with lead shot the .665 Indian Creek was the best for me and I tried a few including the factory choke which was not bad. The Carlson's LBXR choke and the Indian Creek were both neck and neck but the IC won by a few pellets at 30-50 range.