OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Hunter Magazine

Started by Greg Massey, January 05, 2023, 10:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

For those who signed up to receive the magazine are you still getting the magazine?

tal

I have issues #1 and #2 with no dates printed on them. It's a quarterly magazine but I've not received any in several months.

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: tal on January 05, 2023, 12:09:39 PM
I have issues #1 and #2 with no dates printed on them. It's a quarterly magazine but I've not received any in several months.
Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleGitr

Editor said it has been at publisher for quite awhile, but apparently there is a supply chain disruption for the specific glossy paper.  Hope it is out soon...not sure what it means for timing of 4th annual issue

greentrout

Quote from: GobbleGitr on January 05, 2023, 12:55:47 PM
Editor said it has been at publisher for quite awhile, but apparently there is a supply chain disruption for the specific glossy paper.  Hope it is out soon...not sure what it means for timing of 4th annual issue

I had seen that somewhere too and was trying to find where. I did just notice you no longer have the option to subscribe on their website. Hope they can get the paper issue resolved!
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Yoder409

Gary posted this on Facebook a while back.

It's gotta be frustrating as all git-out trying to get a magazine up and running then have supply chain snafu's bring things to a stand-still.

It's not just glossy paper............... It's EVERY freakin' thing.   From .410 shells to puff pastry dough before Christmas to auto parts to Children's Tylenol to...................fill in your own blank.   :character0029:

But, I'm a turkey hunter !!!    PATIENCE is my #1 tactic.   When my next issue finally shows up........... I'll just be here a' waitin' on it.   ;) 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Cowboy

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 05, 2023, 03:47:43 PM

Gary posted this on Facebook a while back.

It's gotta be frustrating as all git-out trying to get a magazine up and running then have supply chain snafu's bring things to a stand-still.

It's not just glossy paper............... It's EVERY freakin' thing.   From .410 shells to puff pastry dough before Christmas to auto parts to Children's Tylenol to...................fill in your own blank.   :character0029:

But, I'm a turkey hunter !!!    PATIENCE is my #1 tactic.   When my next issue finally shows up........... I'll just be here a' waitin' on it.   ;)
Yeah. My brother and cousin went on a wild goose chase for a guy telling them about .410 shells. Hour drive one way . All for nothin..

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

ScottTaulbee

Spoke with Gary a couple days ago as I had realized I hadn't received one in a while and I done a yearly subscription. He said it's at the printers and hopefully they can get it out soon

ElkTurkMan

I received issues 1 &2 and that's it so far, I was wondering what was happening. Thanks for the update.

runngun

I just saw a post today on FB that he made said that the magazine is over with.  No longer going to be offered, said that he would be issuing refunds.  I hated to read that because it was a great read.

Have a good one, Bo and May God bless y'all

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

310 gauge

Been 10 days since this last post about the magazine's cancellation, so I guess Mama was right again when she used to say " No good deed goes unpunished."   

Notsoyoungturk

I emailed recently to subscribe and Gary told me they were no longer printing the quarterly editions but might do a yearly addition at some point.  I ordered the two editions that they printed because they looked like good readking
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Mossberg90MN

Bummer, I did a year subscription too

ElkTurkMan

I signed up for a year as well. Haven't heard anything other than what had been posted here.

Dtrkyman

Too bad, I was thinking of signing up, miss a good magazine!  Can you purchase the ones already released?