OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Corn trenches, how many is really enough

Started by crow, November 11, 2022, 10:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow

Always wondered how they came up with that name

Never found an active still,
but 5th grade cutting thru the neighbors farm saw smoke coming up out of a hollow.  almost ran down into it, stopped at the rim and peeped over, 7-8 hobos had a couple cook fires going and were plucking chickens pilfered from somebody farm.

kennedyh1990

Kygobblergetter

Wait this is a serious question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow

It's a sad day if you can't ask a question like this on a turkey forum.

3bailey3

EZ

Quote from: crow on November 20, 2022, 09:36:22 PM

So, what do you load that 8 ga. punt gun with? My neighbor wants to know.

eggshell

I have no idea if it was a serious question or not, but I guess at best I was being sarcastic and worst I am trolling....either way I'll wear the hat I came in with.

I did not take it serious because in every state I hunt in it is illegal to bait turkeys. I believe some states do allow it, but I don't know. Even if legal I would not hunt over bait. It's legal to bait deer here in Ohio and I do not allow the placing of bait on my property. Of 1500 acres of family land there are zero bait stations or feeders, we mange habitat. I have many friends who bait deer and shoot turkeys off those feeder sites, and they sre still friends, but they know I disagree.

If having some fun offended someone, I am sorry. However, I suggest when a question like this is posted the author should state it is a serious question and I will resist making a sarcastic remark, but no promises. I hold a dim view of the practice and things like that usually bring out the old troll in me. Call me an old grouchy bastard or whatever, that's how I feel.

crow

Quote from: EZ on November 20, 2022, 11:18:59 PM
Quote from: crow on November 20, 2022, 09:36:22 PM

So, what do you load that 8 ga. punt gun with? My neighbor wants to know.

"!0 gauges and #10 TSS"----is this your Grandaddies new punt gun

GobbleNut

As an Old Goat with years of experience in these here matters, I can tell by the gauge and punt gun talk that some of you boys ain't got a clue as to how this is 'sposed to be done!  I'm tellin' you the trot line method is the way to go!  No shotgun blasts to be heard by the local constabulatory,...and the racket caused by the turkeys floppin' and squawkin' while they're on the hook just sounds like a couple a old neighbor biddies goin' back and forth.  Nobody pays no attention to it, so yur safe any time ya' go to get them tarkeys off'in the hooks!
Do I gotta learn you youngin's how to do EVERYTHING right?!   :toothy9: ;D :funnyturkey:

Greg Massey

Just so everyone knows the price of corn has gone up in price so you better get you a pallet load ...  :TooFunny:   Hopefully i will get some bags of corn for Christmas

Happy

Anyone that takes Crow too serious doesn't know him very well.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

crow

Quote from: GobbleNut on November 21, 2022, 08:53:10 AM
As an Old Goat with years of experience in these here matters, I can tell by the gauge and punt gun talk that some of you boys ain't got a clue as to how this is 'sposed to be done!  I'm tellin' you the trot line method is the way to go!  No shotgun blasts to be heard by the local constabulatory,...and the racket caused by the turkeys floppin' and squawkin' while they're on the hook just sounds like a couple a old neighbor biddies goin' back and forth.  Nobody pays no attention to it, so yur safe any time ya' go to get them tarkeys off'in the hooks!
Do I gotta learn you youngin's how to do EVERYTHING right?!   :toothy9: ;D :funnyturkey:

These are Gobblers were talking about here, or at the very least shooting next years trophies today.
Try and show a little respect, these aren't Dollar Store  cans of sardines.

tal

Quote from: Happy on November 21, 2022, 12:15:28 PM

I'm getting to know him, he's a lot of fun..  :TooFunny:

paboxcall

Quote from: Happy on November 21, 2022, 12:15:28 PM

:icon_thumright: :TooFunny:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

GobbleNut

Quote from: crow on November 21, 2022, 05:20:25 PM
Quote from: GobbleNut on November 21, 2022, 08:53:10 AM

These are Gobblers were talking about here, or at the very least shooting next years trophies today.
Try and show a little respect, these aren't Dollar Store  cans of sardines.

Gobblers....Sardines.  Same thing except one has feathers and the other has scales.   ;D
...Besides, you apparently aren't aware of the newest fad..."Chasin' 49" for sardines.  I already got a couple of states done!  Can't wait to get all that Facebook recognition!   :toothy9: :newmascot: