OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington HD

Started by coyotetrpr, June 18, 2011, 11:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotetrpr

Has anyone used the hd turkey load offered by remington. They claim that they are the best(real shocker there). Just curious how they performed, the low shot payload gives me some pause. Thanks for the info.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: coyotetrpr on June 18, 2011, 11:36:46 AM
Has anyone used the hd turkey load offered by remington. They claim that they are the best(real shocker there). Just curious how they performed, the low shot payload gives me some pause. Thanks for the info.

I have shot the Wingmaster HD shells in both 12 gauge and 20 gauge. They will kill turkeys in either gauge and are also effective waterfowl loads.

They do not throw the types of patterns however that most turkey hunters are looking for and have come to expect.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

TrophyTracker

I am a fan of their #6 in a tighter constricted tube. I have killed a few turkeys over the past couple seasons with these shells. They are indeed finicky, but when you get it right, the birds better watch out!

Here is a pic I made with one while just messing about during a patterning session to relieve stress. lol

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,8193.0.html
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

surehuntsalot

not worth the money they cost
spend it on something alot better
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Borat

I was able to get a few "promo" boxes of the HD in 2's.  I took them goose hunting and although they seemed to hit pretty hard, I'll stick with Winchester Expert loads for the $$$.  Can't comment on their application in the turkey woods.