Main Menu

Let's see your personal space......

Started by Yoder409, August 19, 2022, 01:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: Zobo on August 20, 2022, 02:39:00 PM
Quote from: Turkeybutt on August 20, 2022, 01:37:37 PM
Zero great looking garage and by the looks of things some fond memories
Turkeybutt, the memories are everything!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Those are treasured memories there, wow......
"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

Quote from: Tom007 on August 21, 2022, 06:59:18 AM
Wow, that looks great. The mounts are fantastic, the woodwork is unreal. Is that your box call collection under the turkeys? Nice job......

Thank you, sir.

The mounts were all done by a long-time friend of mine.  He actually runs an accredited school of taxidermy and has been awarded "Best Overall Taxidermist" in the state of Pennsylvania in the state competition. 

The woodwork is very special to me.  When the emerald ash borer started hitting my property, I took my saw and my Kubota BX and cut, skidded and landed what would saw 1900 BF of ash and also some cherry that had fallen.  All the wood in the garage came from my property by my hands.  Also.......the majority of the wood trim AND a stunning cherry hardwood floor/trim in my daughter's bedroom came from that logging project.

The box calls lined in front of and shelved under the turkey are some of it.  The ones I don't mind too much if a random person picks one up and starts squawking on it.     ::)   The ones I do mind are locked in the brown box call safe.    :police:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Zobo

Yoder, that's a lot of hard work, very impressive. It certainly paid off, looks awesome! Get any box calls made out of your property's wood?
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

TauntoHawk

Not the man cave many have but our living room wall has a nice sample of pursuit species and I just started on the new cabin wall but don't have any turkeys up there yet other than a stack of beards and spurs in an ammo box.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yoder409

Quote from: TauntoHawk on August 21, 2022, 12:34:26 PM
Not the man cave many have but our living room wall has a nice sample of pursuit species and I just started on the new cabin wall but don't have any turkeys up there yet other than a stack of beards and spurs in an ammo box.

THAT, sir.............is GORGEOUS !!!

Very well done !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Quote from: Zobo on August 21, 2022, 10:38:52 AM
Yoder, that's a lot of hard work, very impressive. It certainly paid off, looks awesome! Get any box calls made out of your property's wood?

Thank you.

I made the slate-over-glass call I've been using for 20 years or so from walnut that was cut on family property.  I do not, yet, have any boxes made from my own woods.  I do have some air-drying Chinese chestnut from family property, some 100+ year old American chestnut from family barn beams.  But I've got some walnut, cherry, maple and sassafras on my property that I need to get down, sawn and started to dry.  I'm not getting any younger.  Be nice to take some birds with calls made from those.
PA elitist since 1979

aclawrence

Quote from: Tom007 on August 21, 2022, 07:00:16 AM
Quote from: aclawrence on August 20, 2022, 09:38:11 AM

Here's my office turkey. I'm moving into a new office now so I'm having to start over in my new space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That really is a perfect mount.......
Thank you. Ryan Scearse at Billingsby Road Taxidermy did it for me. He's in Paris, TN.  I wouldn't mind having another one or two lol. I already can't figure out where to put all my fans though.

Tom007

Looks like a pretty darn nice man cave to me........
"Solo hunter"

Paulmyr

Here's a pic from one of my personal spaces. I got em all over and for every season.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: aclawrence on August 20, 2022, 09:38:11 AM

Here's my office turkey. I'm moving into a new office now so I'm having to start over in my new space.

Are you sure that bird is not still breathing? That is a great mount job!
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

mountainhunter1

Well done. I love what we can see of your place! Looks like a dream home for an outdoorsman.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13