OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pattern Today

Started by Kylongspur88, February 13, 2011, 08:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

Sorry no pics, might take some later in the week if I get a chance.
Patterned @ 40 yards, temp was in the low 50's, Rem 870 SM 28' barrel:
1. Hevi 3.5 #6 out of a Jelly head .665 put 175 in the 10.
2. Hevi 3.5 #6 out of my Rem Super Full put 166 in the 10, probably the most even pattern I've ever seen from that gun.
3. Fed 3.5 #6 out of a factory full, Now if the point was to pattern the broad side of a barn these shells could do that, the most dispersed pattern I've ever shot, didn't even bother to count. Now I have patterned this same shell from the same gun and the Rem SF choke and got a fairly uneven 128/130ish on a very hot day. Thought the regular full might improve that, wrong, back to the drawing boards boys. The wad traveled 35 yards and had fewer marks on it than when it goes through the SF so walking up to the target I thought I might get a better pattern. Not so.

honker22

That will will a bird.  I smoked a lot of heads with H13 6s and Rem super full
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

BigPeck215

thats a dead turkey, i got the same numbers you did with hevi 3.5 6's out of a JH665 in my 870SM 28"

Gobble!

Kylongspur88

Think I'm gonna go with the SF. That choke has shot every shell I've put through it well.

timbrhuntr

When I was patterning my 20 gauge I shot one round of 12 gauge 3.5" #6 heavy 13 out of my 835 mossberg 24" barrell .675 I.C. choke. The shot was off hand at 35 yds and I got 216 hits in a 10" circle. I only fired the one round to test my shoulder after surgery and it hurt like he!! so I didn't get to shoot any more to see if the number was consistent.

pullit

with those numbers, all you need is a volunteer..... :newmascot:

mmusso

Quote from: pullit on February 14, 2011, 08:27:23 AM
with those numbers, all you need is a volunteer..... :newmascot:

I agree 100%. Any of those will do