turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Darrel Gibson Ipe Trumpet (Photo Added)

Started by ncturkey, May 28, 2022, 07:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncturkey

Friday I went to visit Darrell Gibson. We played calls about on of the trumpets he had.
We went down to his shop. He showed me the basics of turning calls. He had nice shop with a a few different wood lathes. Darrell told me about his new trumpet design. He had three trumpets with this new design. He had a Bamboo and two Ipe Trumpets. I told him I liked one of the Ipe Trumpets.
He told me I could purchase one. It is a beauty. The Ipe Trumpet was easy to use. It took very little air to get good turkey sounds. Thanks Darrell for letting come and visit.
I will post a picture later.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

ncturkey

Thanks. I tied to modify my post with your picture and rejected it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ncturkey on May 29, 2022, 05:35:59 PM
Thanks. I tied to modify my post with your picture and rejected it.
You're welcome. That's odd.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

ncturkey

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ncturkey on May 31, 2022, 05:00:55 PM
Thanks for your help.
You're welcome, nice looking call by the way. I like Ipe, though I have not had it as a trumpet call.

John Koenig:

fishr64

gobbler777

I've known Darrell for 20 years as I've (CROWMART) been selling his outstanding crow calls and trumpets. He called me this Spring and said Doug, I've come up with a new trumpet design and want to send one to you; tell me what you think. From the first note I played I knew he hit on something good. Took a friend out in the woods with me and asked him his opinion of the sound. He came back shaking his head..."damn, sounds like a real hen". Had a lot of health problems, this my 59th season, but managed to get out some. The first day of the season I heard a bird a about 7:30am, moved as close a was safe and sent out some excited clucks followed by yelps on the new trumpet which was immediately answered by a good gobble (aren't they all?) Finally caught some motion ...a dark body...the tom. I called again and he answered but now noticed two long beards with him. Off the hill they worked in looking for a couple more soft clucks:50, 40, 30 yards - close enough. The big tom fell. The IPE Trumpet did the trick first time out. A near repeat happened a few weeks later except I couldn't peel the tom away from the two hens he was following. I can't wait for next years season to give that trumpet a real workout. I don't know if you're in need for another trumpet but this Gibson instrument ...you need to take a listen.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

gobbler777

FYI: I did not post earlier to sell Gibson's new trumpet but simply to bring attention to the great sounds this trumpet produces. If someone wants to purchase one you will have to contact Darrel Gibson directly. Hope your season was successful, but more importantly, FUN.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland