OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

May have found my best Minimalist Set-up yet?

Started by Tom007, May 28, 2022, 03:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

I know we all search for the best Way to carry our gear. I have vests, but recently have been trying to get away without one. I have been trying numerous set-ups with seats, packs, Satchels etc. I finally found the best, most comfortable Cushion seat by Thermo-seat. It is lightweight, folds in half, and has a shoulder strap. I have sat on this thing for 5 hours, no problem. I am on the move a lot, so lightweight simplicity is a must. I found 2 Molle pouches that attach to your pant belt. The small one carries my shells, mini light, license, misc chalk, lens cleaner pads etc, and mouth calls. The larger pouch holds 2 pushpins, any Trumpet/Wingbone, a box, or pot call and striker. I only carry 2 push-pins, and a Yelper. Finally, the North Mountain pullover with the chest pocket finishes my set-up. The chest pocket is large, holds anything you might want to add. The only weight on my shoulder is my gun, and lightweight seat cushion. Extremely mobile, lightweight, non-cumbersome and efficient for my type of hunting. Wanted to share this. Be safe, thanks for listening....
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Good for you ... the seat looks nice and comfortable for sure ....

Tom007

Thanks Greg, yes, it is very comfortable. Be well my friend...
"Solo hunter"

Dtrkyman

lunghit

That seat looks very comfortable. Nice set up. I ditched the vest for my last hunt and it was so nice.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Sir-diealot

Could you please send me info on that seat please, I still have a dream of getting out of the blind on days my body will allow and that looks like a very nice seat. Thank you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bedge7767

Jim

Tom007

Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 28, 2022, 05:53:09 PM
Whats that seat weigh?

2.2 pounds is the weight of the seat. Easy to carry, you don't know it's there....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 28, 2022, 06:08:35 PM
Could you please send me info on that seat please, I still have a dream of getting out of the blind on days my body will allow and that looks like a very nice seat. Thank you.

Here you are Steve. Great seat....comes in 2 sizes....be well
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: lunghit on May 28, 2022, 06:07:57 PM
That seat looks very comfortable. Nice set up. I ditched the vest for my last hunt and it was so nice.

Yea, hunting without a vest is good for me....be well...
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on May 28, 2022, 07:21:44 PM

Thank you much.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 28, 2022, 07:35:16 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on May 28, 2022, 07:21:44 PM

You bet Steve..
Thank you much.
"Solo hunter"

Cowboy

Like the setup. Thanks for sharing it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jmart241

I like your set up especially the seat I went vestless couple years ago