OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 special purpose UPDATE PIC HEAVY

Started by Preacher, June 13, 2011, 09:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacher

I am looking of a 870 special purpose,   I think its been a while science this were made,  and I also beoieve they are much higher quaility than the newer 870's ( ie.  express modle).   I only want a 3 in gun with vr ( I think all sp's come with that)   I also want a 26 in barrel ,  threaded for choke tubes.   I would love a rifled barrel with it.    I am not scared of age or usage, as long as it functions well.   THANKS!!!!!!!
Romans 8:37

Longshanks

I'm with you on the older 870's being of better quality. I prefer the old wingmasters myself. Just bought another one and had it converted to 3in from 2 3/4. Had a 3 in barrel 26in that is polished and has tru choke threads in it. Duck and pheasant gun. The old ones are kinda tuff to find but I payed 250 for this one and it's in great shape.

outlaw

I have the one you are looking for and it shots great got it in late 80s i know were theres another  one might be for  sale ill let you know :newmascot:
Im a good guy !!!

Preacher

found one ,  just like I wanted got it for 280.$   26in barrel not much useage,   I am pumped,  it aready has sling swivles.     Now the question is do I paint olike I have always done or spend the extra 200 to get it dipped?

drenalinld

I will give you your money back......lol

Great find. My vote is dip it in bottomland. Can't wait to see patterns.

ElkTurkMan

My main squeeze is a 870 special purpose Mag in 12GA.  I baught it in the early 90's, and it came in Mossy Oak Bottom Land.  It's been an awesome gun, and I'll never part with it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

woodchip

Quote from: Hawken on June 19, 2011, 02:33:56 PM
My main squeeze is a 870 special purpose Mag in 12GA.  I baught it in the early 90's, and it came in Mossy Oak Bottom Land.  It's been an awesome gun, and I'll never part with it.

I love that old school camo!!

Mild Bill

I have one of those old school special purpose 870's with the walnut lumber on it.

It is a nice shotgun.  It is my general purpose varmint and flying rat (pigeon) gun for use here on the farm.
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.

ncturkey

Here is a few pictures of my Remington 11-87 Special Purpose Magnum in action. The first picture is of my first turkey back in 1997 in North Carolina. The second picture is the same gun with camo tape job. The second picture was taken in 1998 in South Carolina.                                          

Preacher

I think I will Paint it like I have always done.

getting started

base layer

next layer

a little help for ace and dumbo

another layer

and finally

Preacher

I got tuff skin let me know what you think,    and reccomend a dhoke tube/shot /shell combo.

vaturkey

Good Job Robin !! I think it turned out great !! As for  a choke tube, if you're shooting lead I would go with an Indian Creek .655 . For heavy shot I would go with an Indian Creek .665. JMO

Take Care my friend  

Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

drenalinld

I like the paint job! Pure Gold and Hevi 7's!

ElkTurkMan

I'm shooting 2oz Hevi #6's with the Hevi Shot tube and I'm getting 181 in a 10" cirlce at 40.

rempumpman

Love the camo job, Preacher; really like the 3 crosses underneath the "knob"; no need for a dip on anything you own with you being able to paint like that; congrats on a great job.
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.