OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for Input on a Super Vinci

Started by beagler, June 13, 2011, 07:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagler

A friend of mine was considering purchasing a new Benelli Super Vinci. Just wondering if any of you gentlemen are shooting one and if you have any feedback on them. Performance, choke/shell combos, pattern results, etc. Any info would be appreciated.
Never Misses

Old Gobbler

Clark Bush {allaboutshooting}has shot the Vinci - I wouldn't mind trying one out myself

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

allaboutshooting

Quote from: beagler on June 13, 2011, 07:58:16 PM
A friend of mine was considering purchasing a new Benelli Super Vinci. Just wondering if any of you gentlemen are shooting one and if you have any feedback on them. Performance, choke/shell combos, pattern results, etc. Any info would be appreciated.

I own a 3" Vinci and conducted an evaluation of it several months ago. You can read it by visiting http://www.allaboutshooting.com and looking under the "Product Test" category for the article.

I found it to be an excellent gun. The most outstanding thing about it is the almost total lack of muzzle whip.

I have not shot the 3.5" Super Vinci but from what I understand, they took what they learned with the 3" gun and incorporated that into the longer chambered Super.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mightyjoeyoung

Beagler, If you like your SBE II, you're gonna like the Super Vinchi!!  I too own a SBE II and I got a chance to put a Super Vinchi through its paces a while back with fairly light pb loads all the way up to 3 1/2" waterfowl and turkey loads.  Clark is right, there is alot less muzzle jump and felt recoil is reduced even over the comfort tech sytem equiped SBE IIs shooting the same load.  I'm personally not sold on the looks of the gun, but it fit great and shot even better.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Wingbone

I bought the 3" model last year for duck hunting and I really like it. I had always hunted ducks and geese with Browning Golds and a Super X2 but decided to shake it up a bit after shouldering the Vinci. It really had me hooked after I shot it. Once a Browning purist but now more open minded.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

doublegobble

I purchased one this year and used it turkey hunting this spring. I have no regrets at all. Super smooth and lightweight. I had a hard time with the looks of it but know that I have had it and used it I love it!
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

SKFOOTER

It is the ugliest shotgun on the market right now!!

vaturkey

I have heard nothing but great reviews about the Super Vinci !! I have a SBE2 & love it !!  Good luck !

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey