OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning Double Automatic Shotgun

Started by vaturkey, June 12, 2011, 12:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

Picked this gun up this week. Its a Belgium made Browning Double Automatic 12 gauge shotgun. It only holds 2  2 3/4" shells. It was made in the early 50's to the early 70's. Pretty cool looking & feeling gun. Anybody ever seen one ? Thanks for any info .

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Sherrell

Has that similar look of my Remington 1158 quail gun with the 26" improved cylinder barrel.
I bet it points sweet and looks like a fine gun.

decoykrvr

I had one years ago, but violated rule #1 and loaned it to a friend who put it on the bottom of a river while duck hunting.  It was a great shooting and pointing little gun which I shot primarily for grouse and doves.  The gun was well balanced, well made, and looked more like a rifle than a shotgun.  I suffered the oft heard, "Why would someone buy an automatic shotgun which only holds two shells"?  Which I guess is why the gun had limited sales success and shooter acceptance.

natman

Quote from: decoykrvr on June 12, 2011, 01:53:15 PM
"Why would someone buy an automatic shotgun which only holds two shells"?  Which I guess is why the gun had limited sales success and shooter acceptance.

There are some jurisdictions in Europe where two is all you can legally load. Very sweet handling gun, nice and light. We had one in the shop for years that we couldn't sell because someone had shot steel through the full choke which bulged the barrel.  >:(

Old Gobbler

I love the rounded  broomstick/Price of Wales grip handles on the old  Browning's - I have a friend with one- its a sweet little gun
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

FANMAN

My father used to call them Twelvettes,He said they were awesome little guns.

doepee

I have two of them  one with the green receiver which is aluminum and the other one looks like the one in your pic except it is a steel receiver... first one is modified second one is full choke... I love mine for dove and pheasants...  I am left handed so the safety on the trigger guard is perfect..