OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Next Turkey call suggestion?

Started by suzukigs750ez, April 23, 2022, 08:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzukigs750ez

Hey guys. I have a David halloran crystal mistress and an Albert Paul prestige field grade butternut and walnut. I have about $65 gift card to cabelas, are there any calls you'd recommend? I am terrible at diaphragm calls.

turkeymanjim

Woodhaven ninja or vision pot calls are sweet sounding pot calls.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Wvgobbler

Spring Creek Calls

With a great pot and a great box already in your possession, maybe look at an assortment of diaphragm calls.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

PNWturkey

IMO, sell your Cabelas gift card to a friend for $60 and take the cash and buy a custom cedar scratch box from one of the call makers on this forum :-)

I love a scratch box for low- to medium-volume yelps and clucks.  Would be a nice complement to your other calls...

runngun

Try and locate some Houndstooth mouth calls. Some of there calls they use "proph reeds" which require less air volume and are great to learn on.

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

rong

I know you said you are terrible with a mouth call but so was I until this season when I finally took some advice from people on here who suggested I buy a few different brands of various cuts and work through them. I found out that I call best with a certain cut reed and that one brand really fits my mouth structure well. I was surprised that I' m actually not bad with a diaphragm call and I'm betting you are too when you find the right one for you.

Zobo

Quote from: rong on April 26, 2022, 06:53:31 PM
I know you said you are terrible with a mouth call but so was I until this season when I finally took some advice from people on here who suggested I buy a few different brands of various cuts and work through them. I found out that I call best with a certain cut reed and that one brand really fits my mouth structure well. I was surprised that I' m actually not bad with a diaphragm call and I'm betting you are too when you find the right one for you.

This sounds like good advice
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14