OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anybody hunt with a C Z?

Started by boyhowdy, June 11, 2011, 02:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boyhowdy

bought my daughter a little cz 720 and after shooting about 2 or 3 cases of shells at clays, I have been very impressed, anybody else got any opinions on these cheap CZ autos?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: boyhowdy on June 11, 2011, 02:19:42 PM
bought my daughter a little cz 720 and after shooting about 2 or 3 cases of shells at clays, I have been very impressed, anybody else got any opinions on these cheap CZ autos?

I spent some time with the folks from CZ at the NRA Convention in Pittsburgh last April. I looked specifically at the 12 and 20 gauge semi-automatics. One very desirable feature for me was the fact that there is no gas or spring tube in the stock. That would allow us to install the ATI AKITA adjustable stock on one and allow it to fit Doris or me.

I liked what I saw and from what I've heard, they are pretty rugged guns. I have not shot one at all, so that's about all I know. It is good to hear that you're happy with your choice and that you've been impressed with the performance.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

boyhowdy

Quote from: allaboutshooting on June 12, 2011, 07:37:13 PM
Quote from: boyhowdy on June 11, 2011, 02:19:42 PM

I spent some time with the folks from CZ at the NRA Convention in Pittsburgh last April. I looked specifically at the 12 and 20 gauge semi-automatics. One very desirable feature for me was the fact that there is no gas or spring tube in the stock. That would allow us to install the ATI AKITA adjustable stock on one and allow it to fit Doris or me.

I liked what I saw and from what I've heard, they are pretty rugged guns. I have not shot one at all, so that's about all I know. It is good to hear that you're happy with your choice and that you've been impressed with the performance.

Thanks,
Clark

I'm 6'4 and long armed, the LOP on the little 720 feels perfect. (actually it feels longer than my SBEII with the long recoil pad). I was thinking about a buying a 3901 to fool around with clays, but after the dealings I've had with the 720, I've just about talked myself into a 712

WyoHunter

My 20 ga. side-by-side CZ Ringneck is a great little pheasant gun. Greta gun for the money IMO.  :cowboy:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Spring Creek Calls

My next gun will be a CZ Upland Ultralight. I've never hand a gun that felt better in the hand.
:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com