turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Olive Wood Trumpet

Started by gergg, April 13, 2022, 01:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey stew

Sweet looking and I`m sure sounding horn Greg!

boatpaddle

Beautiful work, Greg...

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

fishr64

Meleagris gallopavo

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Chris O

Nice one , that has some nice grain in it

Sir-diealot

Turned out very nice. One of those woods I have been looking at. I was supposed to get a pot that was Olive wood certified to have come from Israel last year and the guy backed out of the deal on me. Found out he sold it for more money than he offered it to me for. I will never deal with him or suggest him to anyone, very underhanded.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

gergg

Thanks again everyone, this one should be in the North woods hunting any day now.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

larry9988

Olive wood finishes great, and i love the smell of it when you are turning it. That is a pretty trumpet.

mountainhunter1

I had not seen one made from olive wood, but that is a good-looking call. Nice work.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Will

OG Members,
Let me begin by saying I was fortunate enough to have Gregg build this fine trumpet call for me to start my season. I have one of Greg's other style yelpers and couldn't be happier. They are clear, crisp and break into a great yelp.

Greg messaged me a few days ago informing me he had started on the call. Today was Maryland's youth day and was skeptical on whether or not I'd get it in time. This morning while hunting I was tracking the package and was updated with a delivery of this afternoon. We hunted a long morning and had a lot of travel but decided to hunt a spot within minutes from my house for the evening hunt.

The call was in my hands by 5pm and was being hunted by 5:30. At 7pm I strike up 3 birds and within 15 minutes my youngest pancakes this bird. Unfortunately he shot most of his beard off but still a great bird. How's that for service from Gwaltney Game Calls!

If you're thinking of having one built by Greg I'd jump on it. I am ecstatic with this design!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

crow

Congrats to You and your Son, nice gobbler with a sharp trumpet,

thats what you call a full day, nice hustle

Will

Quote from: crow on April 16, 2022, 09:35:07 PM
Congrats to You and your Son, nice gobbler with a sharp trumpet,

thats what you call a full day, nice hustle

Thank you. It was a hustle. We worked a bird from the roost but he wouldn't close. Walked down to the hens but put on a display for about 45 minutes. Later in the morning I called in a bearded hen and although legal, my son opted not to shoot because it was a hen. What a day.

gergg

Quote from: Will on April 16, 2022, 09:18:29 PM
OG Members,
Let me begin by saying I was fortunate enough to have Gregg build this fine trumpet call for me to start my season. I have one of Greg's other style yelpers and couldn't be happier. They are clear, crisp and break into a great yelp.

Greg messaged me a few days ago informing me he had started on the call. Today was Maryland's youth day and was skeptical on whether or not I'd get it in time. This morning while hunting I was tracking the package and was updated with a delivery of this afternoon. We hunted a long morning and had a lot of travel but decided to hunt a spot within minutes from my house for the evening hunt.

The call was in my hands by 5pm and was being hunted by 5:30. At 7pm I strike up 3 birds and within 15 minutes my youngest pancakes this bird. Unfortunately he shot most of his beard off but still a great bird. How's that for service from Gwaltney Game Calls!

If you're thinking of having one built by Greg I'd jump on it. I am ecstatic with this design!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you very much Will, I really appreciate your thoughts here.....I know you guys are thrilled to have a hunt end like this one, very happy to know that a call of mine may have helped make it successful. One of the greatest things about this call-building journey is hearing stories like this one, hope I can have similar success with my boys this year.....Take care, and best of luck the rest of the season.

Greg
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to the young man.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

justin.arps

Congratulations on A dandy bird and beautiful trumpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk