OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Optic for Stevens 301

Started by governor, November 27, 2021, 02:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

governor

I got a Stevens 301  410ga and thinking about putting some type of red dot sight on it. Any suggestions on what's good and what to stay away from. Thanks

davisd9

I put a Romeo 5 in the one for my boy. Happy with it.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

jmart241

Put Vortex Venom on grandsons and mine love them

btodd00

I put a sight mark M spec on mine that has been very good for the under $100 price tag

btodd00

huntinsomd

Can't go wrong with a fastfire or venom on that tiny killing machine!

SumToy

Quote from: huntinsomd on February 08, 2022, 04:52:51 PM
Can't go wrong with a fastfire or venom on that tiny killing machine!

:z-winnersmiley:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Greg Massey

I put a Bushnell TRS 25 on the one i have and it has worked out fine on the gun...

Muzzy61

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 09, 2022, 10:36:38 AM
I put a Bushnell TRS 25 on the one i have and it has worked out fine on the gun...

^^^
Same here. I also have one on my 835  shooting 3.5" shells and had no issue.   Hard to beat for the price.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Spark352

I'm currently in the process of building a 301 .410 myself. I went with an EGW mount with a Holoson 407C x2. I like the Holosun because of the shake awake and because they are side-loading batteries. I would hate to leave my battery on and show up to hunt and it's dead. Plus with TSS shots running around $8 I don't really want to have to take zero-confirmation shots after replacing a battery. Those were the biggest factors that turned me off to the Vortex red dots. An added bonus is the Holoson 407/507C are RMR footprints so if you have pistol slides or AR mounts that take RMR style footprints you're about to move them around if you don't like the dot on your turkey gun. Lastly, if red dots turn out not to be your thing I think RMR pattern dots are an easier sale.

On another note, I found this little velcro shell holder on Amazon that holds two .410 shells perfectly. I attached it to the right-hand side of my stock and it leads to quick reloads and no more ammo rolling around my bag or vest. Link below. Good luck and post some patterns when you get a chance!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095MSC61H?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

btodd00

I like the 2 shell holder, much smaller profile than the buttstock shell holder I put on mine

valleyoaks

Problem with the 301 is that sight base is just way to tall as i wish it was 1/2 of what it is as i dont know of anybody who could get a decent cheekweld withbthis set up

btodd00

sumtoy and EGW make bases that will lower it if you are shooting a mini reflex style sight