turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Swampfox Kingslayer Reflection

Started by SkyhawkA4, March 04, 2022, 11:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyhawkA4

I just purchased a Kingslayer GREEN dot sight. I really like how defined the green is over my other red dots. The issue I have is that the coating of the lens is like a shinny silver mirror when seen from the muzzle end. When hit just right by the sun, it is like a spot light. Has anyone else noticed this in their Kingslayer?  Is that common with other green dots? Thanks!

randywallace

The reflection is common to any red/green dot holo sight.  That is why they make killflashes. 

I am fairly certain reflection has cost me a couple of gobblers that spooked.  I am absolutely certain that a red dot has allowed me to shoot better than a BB on the end of the barrel and thus given me a few gobblers I either wouldn't have shot at or would have missed.  Net gain.

I do my best to set up in a position where by the time he sees the gun barrel, it's too late.

Greg Massey

I contacted Swampfox and at this time they don't make a honeycomb glare shield for this red or green dot ...

Cutt

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 11, 2022, 10:28:45 AM
I contacted Swampfox and at this time they don't make a honeycomb glare shield for this red or green dot ...

I have the same sight, and can see where there would be issues at times depending on setup, so far, no issues, but have only used the last year.

I have thought of purchasing this https://www.ebay.com/itm/253715305792, and transferring the honeycomb to the dust cover that comes with the sight. Not sure if it would work or not? , as some cutting of the cover then adding the honeycomb to the cover if possible? If this would work then I could have it to use on brighter setups.

Cutt

I finally picked up an extra Kingslayer dust cover along with a cheap killflash. Was able to remove the killflash lens and install them in a modified/trimmed Kingslayer dust cover, kind of crude. but will work.

Cutt

To get an extra dust cover for this I contacted Swampfox with an e-mail explaining what I was wanting to do, and I offered to buy one, but they just shipped it to me.

Sent an e-mail back thanking them with a picture, and they seemed to have liked the idea? Just guessing, but this might just end up a prototype for their future killflash if they decide to make them?