OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Apex Ninja 8.5

Started by Red vyper, April 21, 2022, 06:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red vyper

Anybody out there ever shot these shells ? It was all I could find
Plan on shooting a Sumtoy .562 with my Weatherby SA-459 or My Benelli Monteferlo
Thanks

USMC0331

Have not shot that load but you should be good to go. Make sure you have it sighted in.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

ChesterCopperpot

I've shot Ninjas out of a 12ga and 20ga. Great load. I will say POI was different for me from Apex #9s to Ninjas which surprised me. But, just to say, certainly pattern them. They're great loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gmed

About all I use. They pattern great and hit hard. What I did find, in my experience thru several makes and models of guns, is they produce a "hotter" core than Federal #9s. I had to open up chokes a size. I had been using .560-.565, but went to a .562 in both my Franchis and .570 in a Stevens 301 and 870 compact. Great ammunition!
That is my 24" Franchi Affinity Turkey with a .562 Indian Creek...there are approx. 504 pellets in the Ninja shell according to Apex. That put 460 inside 20" @ 40 yards.

jmerchant1

Fantastic ammo. Gmed recommended them to me for my 20ga Mossberg. They produced a much better overall pattern than the Federal 9s I was using through the same choke. (If you're a numbers guy, I got 232 with the Ninjas but only 165 with the Federals in the 10" circle at 40 yards.)
And I agree with CheaterCopperpot- POI was very different from both loads for me. I use a red dot so just had to make the necessary adjustments but the Ninjas were definitely the better performing load and what I will be moving forward with, only experimenting with different chokes from here on out. Definitely give the Ninjas a try when you can find them in stock. I'm not a big TSS guy in 12ga so can't attest to them there.