OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which Trumpet

Started by TN-Hunter, April 01, 2022, 11:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 01, 2022, 01:09:50 PM
Greg Gwaltney, [mention]gergg [/mention]on here. Look at where he placed at Grand Nationals if that's any verification you need, but he's one of the finest callmakers at work, a champion of this forum, and his calls are very affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2, great guy, Fantastic trumpet. These trumpets are easy to play, and very well crafted.......
"Solo hunter"

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: EZ on April 02, 2022, 08:07:36 AM
Quote from: mmclain on April 01, 2022, 11:12:21 PM
Quote from: TN-Hunter on April 01, 2022, 11:35:13 AM
I am looking to get a trumpet call. I generally hunt with pot calls that I make or diaphragm calls. And just want to try a trumpet I have never used one and understand the learning curve can be pretty big.but I want to start out with a call that I know is good, Before I waste a lot of time learning on a call that well is hard to use or not built right! Who's call would you guys recommend. I have looked at a lot of different ones but don't know! Any help will be appreciated.Thanks.

I see you are from TN call me I live in Dover TN.

To the OP.....if you can hook up with a guy like Matt, your learning curve will be infinitely shortened.
Certainly a good opportunity!

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Chris O on April 01, 2022, 08:42:09 PM
You can't beat Shoebuck and LabsRusll on here  . They will give you the best bang for your $$$. These guys calls are super affordable but they are not cheap calls they are dang nice calls !!!!! All of the guys mentioned are great as well but a little higher priced but well with in reach.

I too have done business with Shoebuck and LabsRusll and was also pleased with both. 
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

MS Boy

The best in the business period.... LF Cox

The gold standard where all others are measured and weighted against.

gobblers roost

Forget cox, go with a slanton ,or Buice

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

davisd9

Quote from: MS Boy on April 04, 2022, 07:07:11 AM

He is definitely no golden standard
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

MS Boy

Quote from: davisd9 on April 04, 2022, 09:52:20 AM

That is your opinion about the man but we aren't talking about that are we ? He makes the best trumpet hands down, his trumpets are the golden standard by which all other trumpets are measured.

Zobo

Quote from: mmclain on April 01, 2022, 11:12:21 PM
Quote from: TN-Hunter on April 01, 2022, 11:35:13 AM
I am looking to get a trumpet call. I generally hunt with pot calls that I make or diaphragm calls. And just want to try a trumpet I have never used one and understand the learning curve can be pretty big.but I want to start out with a call that I know is good, Before I waste a lot of time learning on a call that well is hard to use or not built right! Who's call would you guys recommend. I have looked at a lot of different ones but don't know! Any help will be appreciated.Thanks.

I see you are from TN call me I live in Dover TN.

This is the coolest thing right here. A local maker, who's held in very high regard, does beautiful work, active on this forum and reacing out. Absolutely a no brainer. I'm jealous because I like to buy and use calls from local makers, but where I live there are very few and far in between.
     I just think it's very cool for a TN hunter to shoot a TN gobbler with a hand made TN trumpet. I like scenarios like that.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

ol bob

Billy Buice was making and selling trumpets before Frank knew what a trumpet was.

davisd9

Quote from: MS Boy on April 04, 2022, 10:25:01 AM

That is your opinion about the man but we aren't talking about that are we ? He makes the best trumpet hands down, his trumpets are the golden standard by which all other trumpets are measured.

I was referring to the call not the man.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

MS Boy

Quote from: davisd9 on April 04, 2022, 01:39:43 PM
Quote from: MS Boy on April 04, 2022, 10:25:01 AM

I was referring to the call not the man.
Haha ok whatever...,

MS Boy

Quote from: Ranger on April 04, 2022, 04:45:04 PM
If Cox was what he THOUGHT he was......
I don't care what you think about the man, again that is not the discussion here. Geez

MS Boy

Quote from: Ranger on April 04, 2022, 05:21:56 PM
I was strictly referring to him as a call builder, but it says a lot that you assumed it wasn't
It says even more that you just contradicted yourself. Haha

Terry

I've ran a ton of them and always recommend Brian Mero for a beginner. Good combination of playability, price, and availability.

nitro

I have hunted with trumpets for over 35 years. Own and have hunted with trumpets from most of the notables.

My go to is a Buice. 
Royal Slam 2008