OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just Scored 100rds of LongBeard XR 3 1/2” 5s!

Started by YukonC, April 05, 2022, 11:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YukonC

As hard as they are to find right now Elk Country on gunbroker is selling 100rd lots right now. I won the bid this morning for one of them and paid $240!! I'm set for life now. I think there is only one more and it's currently at $180.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMTJAGER

Did the same thing. Paid TMD same as OTC for 100 rounds.

DMTJAGER

I'm even more glad now I secured an additional 100 rounds of WLBXR's after I stopped by my local Cabela's the only place I know of within 100 miles of my home that sells turkey shells.
Cabela's had 12 boxes of turkey shells on the shelf. Only 8 were 12ga. One a lone box of 12ga 3.5" Winchester supreme (non WLBXR's) turkey loads. The remining 7 boxes of 12ga turkey shells were
seven boxes of 3" Hevi-18 turkey shells at $65 a box or $13 per shell. When the did have Federal TSS in stock it was $75 a box of 5 or $15 a shell for 12ga 3" shells #7 or #9 shot. Federal TSS went up $18 or $19 a box VS last year or over $3 a shell.

Keep this in perspective TSS turkey shells now costs considerably more than any other non wildcat production cartridge I know of. I looked up Factory made ammo for 50 BMG and 500 NE or 505 Gibs and any Weatherby caliber you want is now cheaper than 12ga 3" TSS shells.

YukonC

Yeah I played the tss game and it's just too expensive. I'm done with it and now have a lifetime supply of long beards.

DMTJAGER

Quote from: YukonC on April 06, 2022, 08:22:17 PM
Yeah I played the tss game and it's just too expensive. I'm done with it and now have a lifetime supply of long beards.

In same boat at least with OTC TSS. Today shot 12ga 3" #7 and #9 shot out of two different constriction chokes and tried a third previously from 0.665 then 0.675 the 0.685 and all were awful patterns at 40 yards and I couldn't hunt with them.

I have no doubt TSS is every bit as good as advertised but in my experience you had darn well have the right choke as I obviously don't.