OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who makes best custom wingbone?

Started by DocHolliday, March 29, 2022, 11:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocHolliday

MossyOak92

Tony Ezolt makes a great one.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

tal

You could always argue the number one maker. Let's say you narrow the best of makers down to the number you can count on one hand. Tony Ezolt would be in that conversation. He won a Jordan class at this year's NWTF.

sbbow

There is NO BEST but there A LOT of really good wingbone makers out there.
Ezolt,Mark Sharp, Peter Wentworth,Kevin Lynch, Kevin Rouse,Aj Hiner an the list goes on an on. You just have to find a callmaker an talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedge7767

Jim

guesswho

I rely on my Sharpe a lot.   I've grown quite fond of it over the years.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

crow

I have a friend that has a Tony Ezolt hen bone that I have run several times. It draws air super easy, is tuned perfectly and has a great hen sound. Looks wise, it's a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. You can  get young hen, old hen and Jake sounds out of it.

I have a Mark Sharpe cane call with a brass lined mouthpiece, also tuned to perfection, draws air perfect and has a great range of sound. Beautiful piece of craftsmanship as nice as any wingbone or trumpet I've seen.
I have no doubt Mark's henbone wingbone call would also be built to perfection for sound and looks.

paboxcall

Quote from: crow on March 29, 2022, 06:09:15 PM
I have a friend that has a Tony Ezolt hen bone that I have run several times. It draws air super easy, is tuned perfectly and has a great hen sound. Looks wise, it's a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. You can  get young hen, old hen and Jake sounds out of it.

I was fortunate to get an Ezolt wingbone from a good friend, and agree 100% - draws easy, tuned perfectly, and can get several turkeys out of it.

Ezolt's calls are the real deal.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

zsully

I got my first wingbone from Tony Ezolt this year at Unicoi. I'll echo everything that has been said about his calls. Work of art, easy to play and he's a heck of a guy to talk to as well. His knowledge of running a yelper and his willingness to teach really helped me. It has fast become my favorite call to play and I can't wait to get this thing in the woods.

Fatbeard

Quote from: sbbow on March 29, 2022, 04:53:39 PM
Ezolt,Mark Sharp, Peter Wentworth,Kevin Lynch, Kevin Rouse,Aj Hiner an the list goes on an on. You just have to find a callmaker an talk.

Thank you very much
East TN Beard Buster

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

EZ

Quote from: sbbow on March 29, 2022, 04:53:39 PM

You are right Steve and I'm proud to be in that bunch of "A" listers. These guys all learned how to stuff turkeys in their calls. Also a great bunch of guys.

Prohunter3509

Ezolts calls are so full of turkey
I hang them on the hat tree at night
Makes them think they have flown to roost

ol bob

Last time I checked God made all wing bones, some are better at putting them together though.

silverspur

I agree there is no one best Wingbone Callmaker. Those that where mentioned make fantastic caller. Carl LaRue and Andy Snair make awesome ones. The late Lee Bowles made good ones. I am partial to EZ since I have more of his wingbones than others. Call a Callmaker and hear their calls and decide what you like vs what someone else may tell you. Everyone runs calls differently.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs