OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

MOSS 835 HEVI-13 #7-TEST WOW!!! you got to see this !!! MARCH 17 2012 FINALLY !!

Started by GOLD HUNTER, February 13, 2011, 05:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on February 15, 2011, 12:11:41 AM
Quote from: VAHUNTER on February 14, 2011, 07:01:27 PM
Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on February 14, 2011, 03:05:41 AM
Quote from: VAHUNTER on February 13, 2011, 07:20:10 PM
now thats a scary lookin bunch right there  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
great 30yd pattern  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

you V.A. boys are rough on each other  :TooFunny:.
i did not mean that in a bad way. i always enjoy seeing the work that Goldhunter and his posse bring to OG

hey vahunter you look as bad as we do !!!!.... :you_rock:  :TooFunny:

Brian
i'm cool with that  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

GOLD HUNTER

:groupwave: ALL REDNECKS LOOK THE SAME VAHUNTER !!! LOL!! :icon_thumright:

GOLD HUNTER             :             LONGBEARD22             :             ROBIN             :             OUTLAW             :             WIRE PALADIN

WIRE PALADIN

HEY Gold hunter i got the 870 a put a scope on it and going to the range on friday march 18.

give me a call  :icon_thumright:

pat
:chucknorris:

Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

GOLD HUNTER

Gene did not get a ic.choke this year. He is going to try a 2" extended non ported .650 headhunter with h13 # 7's . we dont know how this will work but hes going to give it a go with that choke. i'll post up some pics after we get a nice day togo to the range. Gene payed over $$$100.00 for that choke  :o  i hope it works out for him.

any one ever tryed this choke ???

brian

gobbler74

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on February 11, 2012, 09:09:11 AM
Gene did not get a ic.choke this year. He is going to try a 2" extended non ported .650 headhunter with h13 # 7's . we dont know how this will work but hes going to give it a go with that choke. i'll post up some pics after we get a nice day togo to the range. Gene payed over $$$100.00 for that choke  :o  i hope it works out for him.

any one ever tryed this choke ???

brian

The jellyhead and Indian creek shoots the hevi 13 better than the ballistics headhunter. BUT different gun, different barrel..may work for him. He may want to spring for some federal Hw 7's that chokes combo smokes with the 1-7/8 oz but again just gotta shoot to know. Them shells got more Az than H13 just lack as much density. If you let the pepper shaker patterns get to you the feds wont pass. Everybody likes them H13's for numbers. Downrange their aint no contest, 15 gram pellets at 1300 fps...all day long brother. Ive got the choke in a rem spst. with a fed setup

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

GOLD HUNTER

Gene got the 2" extended non ported .650 headhunter in the mail over the weekn and we will be at the range next week .

GOLD HUNTER

Quote from: JohnDoe on February 11, 2012, 10:03:54 AM
Brian
Do you think Gene had one of the BAD batches of Hevi and thats why that pattern went down so much?

John

we dont think it is the ammo, he just needs to get the right choke for the mossy. i think the ic-675 would be a better choke for this gun.

gobbler74

Talked to gene the other day. He bought one of those jebs headhunters. I was thinking he got the ballistic. Maybe that one will shoot for him.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

fountain2

When we shooting this rig??  Im ready to see this thing...that 30 yard pattern was nice..just need a 40 to match it.  I also wanna see a choke pic...not seen an unported one

GOLD HUNTER

Will do.......  :-\ we looking for a nice day in the 55-65, i live about 50mls from the range so we looking 4 a nice day, its been cold and rainy for about a week but its looking better next week.

Philippe

Quote from: gobbler74 on February 16, 2012, 05:12:13 PM
Talked to gene the other day. He bought one of those jebs headhunters. I was thinking he got the ballistic. Maybe that one will shoot for him.

I see that guy won the 2011 still shoot, i was just looking to get one for my 835 but i just cant get myself to shell out 100+ for a choke. Cant wait to see some numbers from that choke.

bsci21

It's amazing what happens from 30 to 40. Still not bad though.

GOLD HUNTER

Well guys we took Gene to the shooting range today to try the new choke he got.  He was shooting the Winchester 3 1/2" #6s 2 1/4 loads lead and unfortunately he was disappointed.  We started out at 30 yds and just barely broke the 200 mark in a 10" circle.  He was so mad he wouldn't let me take any pictures of the targets to post on here.  He packed up and went home and called where he got the choke and will be exchanging it for an IC670 I believe.  We will be heading back to the range after he gets the choke in the mail.   Gene is on the left and my good friend Longbeard 22 is on the right. 

bgbuck153

Why dont you guys talk to sumtoy? He will probly be right on the money for you guys. If not he will keep exchanging them until you get the right choke that suits your needs!