turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nova Youth 24" Choke Recommendation

Started by Snoody Bastid, March 25, 2022, 03:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoody Bastid

I have a Nova youth with the 24"bbl coming my way and don't know what choke(s) I should start out with. I know the barrel is over-bored so I was thinking something in the .555-.565 range. I'll be shooting Fed TSS 9's. I searched, and haven't seen too many guys on here using that gun/shell combo.
Thanks in advance.

rakkin6

I am going to be honest I am an Indian Creek fan. All three of my turkey guns shoot lights out with them. A Benelli SBE 2, Mossberg 835 and Mossberg 535. So I say Indian Creek. If I wasn't going to use Indian Creek I would call William at Sumtoy. I would say something around a .562 constriction would work well.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Snoody Bastid

Quote from: rakkin6 on March 25, 2022, 05:07:40 PM
I am going to be honest I am an Indian Creek fan. All three of my turkey guns shoot lights out with them. A Benelli SBE 2, Mossberg 835 and Mossberg 535. So I say Indian Creek. If I wasn't going to use Indian Creek I would call William at Sumtoy.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I might just do that. I recently purchased an Indian Creek & Patternmaster Anaconda for a different gun, but I wound up sending it back & went with the Nova. Unfortunately, they don't fit my new gun.

SumToy

Alot to do with the shell.    We have a 26 inch nova when I have it with tss 562.   When wife has it with federal (blend load) 562 but if she is shoot normal tss load we run 570 for her. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Snoody Bastid

Quote from: SumToy on March 26, 2022, 03:46:51 PM
Alot to do with the shell.    We have a 26 inch nova when I have it with tss 562.   When wife has it with federal (blend load) 562 but if she is shoot normal tss load we run 570 for her.
Thanks for that info. It's funny you mention your wife had good luck with a .570, just last night I happened to find a NOS non-ported Hastings .570 on GB for $12.00. I figured what the hell, I'll give it a shot. I was under the impression that the Nova barrels didn't really care for the more open constrictions.

Ranman

Not a Nova, but my Montefeltro shoots TSS well though .565-.575 chokes. Good luck, keep us posted.
Randy

Snoody Bastid

Quote from: Ranman on March 26, 2022, 05:10:07 PM
Not a Nova, but my Montefeltro shoots TSS well though .565-.575 chokes. Good luck, keep us posted.
Randy
Will do. Thanks Randy.