turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

adjustable butt pad

Started by pdqt, June 08, 2011, 08:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdqt

Has anyone ever tried one of those adjustable butt pads? They are supposed to help with poa- poi issues.    :begging:    :help:

SumToy

They are big in wing/clay shooting.  They more to help with the fit of the gun.  I think they would help if you are going to snap shoot but if you have time to shoulder the gun the not.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Mild Bill

I have a Jones adjustable plate on my Winchester 1300 and a kick eez pad that is full sized that I use for turkey hunting for the main purpose of getting a good solid mount of the gun into my shoulder with lots of surface area of contact.

Having lots of surface area in contact helps by spreading the recoil of the gun over a larger area, thus helping reduce the negative effects of it.

I am also an overgrown farm boy and the adjustable pad also helps for getting the gun to fit me better, lengthening out the pull to about 15 inches.  that way my thumb does not punch me in the nose everytime I pull the trigger.

I have the same type set up on my clay target guns for repeatable mount and improved fit.  On the clay target guns it was the best thing I did to them.  Those games are mainly shot with a pre-mounted gun, not low gun.
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.