turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Compact auto’s decision

Started by RiverRoost, February 28, 2022, 03:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Which compact semi auto would you settle on? I know of the Tristar, SX4 compact, amd the franchi compact.

Spark352

I'm keeping an eye out for a Franchi Compact 20ga. Having the ability to add the Scalarworks along with an Aimpoint micro clone has me sold. Plus there is a good selection of chokes out there for the thread pitch. This will be the base of my dream turkey gun build. Just having trouble finding one locally to checkout.

TalknTurkey

M2 also comes in a compact but $$$. I went with the Franchi, couldn't convince myself the extra money for the m2 was worth it, especially considering it doesn't come drilled and tapped. So I decided to save the money and put it towards a good optic and mount instead. I went with the scalarworks mount, Tricon SRO, and Sumtoy .562. Had the stock and forearm dipped, now just waiting to get the barrel and receiver back from getting cerakoted.

PEPPERHEAD

Those little Franchi's are hard to beat.

Fullfan

If you can find one, the Weatherby SA-495 is a great lil 20.
Don't gobble at me...

RiverRoost

Is there a common issue with the franchi not wanting to cycle the tss 3" loads? I won't hand load so I need the gun to cycle

Turkeyfever

I got the Retay 20 gauge turkey yesterday , I would give it a look. The gun feels great in my hand, 22 inch barrel , drilled/ tapped , Bottomland camo and shot straight as can be with the light loads I shot . I will finish setting it up this weekend . Awesome bolt and trigger system on this gun!

hootgobbleyelpgobble

I was patient and found a NIB 1187 compact 20ga locally for sale. I like it so far but just prefer my compact 870.

RiverRoost

Quote from: hootgobbleyelpgobble on March 04, 2022, 08:13:47 AM
I was patient and found a NIB 1187 compact 20ga locally for sale. I like it so far but just prefer my compact 870.

Man I've got a youth 870 I thre an IC in and got some Apex to have as a backup gun. The gun was my first shotgun so I don't want to fully rig it out because it'll be a good started for my son but I'm looking for another or a 1187 since I got the Remington IC

captpete

Take a look at the Mossberg SA-20 Bantam. The wife has one and it's sweet little gun.

cpreeves

Quote from: RiverRoost on March 03, 2022, 11:21:50 PM
Is there a common issue with the franchi not wanting to cycle the tss 3" loads? I won't hand load so I need the gun to cycle

The only shell mine won't cycle is Federal tss. The problem is the overall shell length is too long, so it doesn't want to cycle the next shell into the chamber. Apex shells cycle perfectly and pattern better too