North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Scoring and Pictures Discussion

Started by GobbleNut, March 03, 2022, 04:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow

Quote from: randy6471 on March 23, 2022, 08:08:09 PM
Just saw on the news that this was spotted today. The reporter said that there was some "nut" drivin it....I assumed it was GobbleNut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice, we could launch that baby on the Mississippi and fill a bunch of tags

eggshell

Quote from: randy6471 on March 23, 2022, 08:08:09 PM
Just saw on the news that this was spotted today. The reporter said that there was some "nut" drivin it....I assumed it was GobbleNut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I kinda thought I'd never tell, but he does have a sordid past. There's this incident of lobbing mortars at turkey flocks. I just knew someone was going to poke the bear. So apposing teams take note, don't piss off our captain!

Happy

I dunno, a fancy boat, rum, captain Morgan and snacks. Bout half tempted to just lounge on the deck and cheer you fellows on.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

reflexl

Who ever stays on the deck has to clean up the vomit and poop. Jus the way it is.

Happy

Will take my rum to go then. I have read the poop stories.

crow

eggshell

Brother, just wait about 20-25 years and your priorities will change. All of a sudden you'll realize two of the most important things in life are what goes in your mouth and how it comes out. Turkey hunting is just something you do between eating and pooping. Sometimes you even have  to do those things while turkey hunting. Just look at the pictures people posted of their turkey hunting past, we start skinny, full head of hair, no mountain too high, no bird too far and end about 25-30 lbs  heavier, way less hair and a heck of a lot slower. Oh yeah, that bird way across the valley becomes, I'll go after him tomorrow. I would of wrote about how your sex life changes, but I can't remember ever having sex, I don't know where the Mrs. got the two kids. I could write more, but I gotta go poop.

reflexl

Quote from: eggshell on March 25, 2022, 07:28:40 AM
Brother, just wait about 20-25 years and your priorities will change. All of a sudden you'll realize two of the most important things in life are what goes in your mouth and how it comes out. Turkey hunting is just something you do between eating and pooping. Sometimes you even have  to do those things while turkey hunting. Just look at the pictures people posted of their turkey hunting past, we start skinny, full head of hair, no mountain too high, no bird too far and end about 25-30 lbs  heavier, way less hair and a heck of a lot slower. Oh yeah, that bird way across the valley becomes, I'll go after him tomorrow. I would of wrote about how your sex life changes, but I can't remember ever having sex, I don't know where the Mrs. got the two kids. I could write more, but I gotta go poop.

Amen!

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: eggshell on March 25, 2022, 07:28:40 AM

:TooFunny:   Nailed it

reflexl

Yep we get older, fatter and better looking!
This one is funny to me. It was my first turkey. I called him up with a slate call that had a plastic pot.
I still have that call. This was after 3 years of futility. I probably weighed half what I do now. This desk job has been rough on me. This was originally taken with a polaroid camera. I don't know if you can still get film for them. 

Happy

Time gets us all. However I have always tried to go as gracefully as possible. Having a desk job doesn't help but I still exercise regularly and eat smart. It helps that my wife is a fitness fanatic as well. My first longbeard from over 20 years ago is pictured below. Since then there is a little more grey in the hair and I can tell that I don't recover as quickly but I am probably in better overall health now than I was back then. I try to take my grandad advice and stay active,eat smart and don't always use machines to do the work for you. Shoveling snow and hand splitting wood is good excersize. He is 86 and still doing those things.

reflexl

In that pic of me with my first bird I could still bench press 300lbs, do one handed 100lbs curls. Now my curls are cups of coffee and my presses are pushing away from the table! I used to un 6 miles a day, 1000 setups, 500 pull ups and 500 push ups and free weights 2 to 3 times a week. I guess I have let things slip.

Happy

Your a better man than I reflex.  Aint that strong.

reflexl

Quote from: Happy on March 25, 2022, 04:16:38 PM
Your a better man than I reflex.  Aint that strong.

You can't pick up a cup of coffee? Boy you are in bad shape!

eggshell

So if I remember right we only have two guys hunting before the second week of April and they're killing birds. Come April we open a can of whoop arse.