OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crispi boot hunters?

Started by DirtNap647, February 23, 2022, 02:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

Think I'm going to take the leap this year and try the crispi boots. What is your guys favorite model for turkey? Also how is there fitment true to size?

ssramage

I really wish I could but there's too many snakes down here. I'm shopping for a new pair of snake boots right now and don't like it...

ThunderChickenGetter

Following. I've been wearing snake boots but in east TN there's only certain areas i hunt with serious snake issues. I've been eyeballing the new Crispi Attiva Mid gtx boots. Look light, built well and waterproof. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Jeremy

I've only had the Summits, but I really like them. They run true to size...same as I wear in sneakers.

gaswamp

true to size...don't worry about snakes...sumitts or thors wud b my choice

kytrkyhntr

Valdres GTX have been awesome. 4 years in now.. wear them on 90 degree turkey days and 10 degree deer days. No complaints. Choose socks accordingly. Only time I don't wear them hunting is if I hunt Around feilds and that's rubbers
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

spiggy2

I run the Summits, I really like them a lot. May try the Briksdals out since they have a little more support. Black Ovis has the Summits and a couple other Crispi models on sale right now since Crispi is releasing updated versions soon

"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Jimspur

Quote from: ssramage on February 23, 2022, 02:43:51 PM
I really wish I could but there's too many snakes down here. I'm shopping for a new pair of snake boots right now and don't like it...

Just to give you a different way to look at it, I bought a pair of 7" high
Lowa boots, and along with them a pair of Turtleskin snake gaiters.
The gaiters will never wear out, and the boots are much better and more
comfortable than any snake boot out there. If it's hot when you're
coming out of the woods and you're walking on a forest service road etc.
back to your truck, if you can see the road well you can take those gaiters off.

AndyH

Crispi Thor 2, Fit is true to size. I imagine any of their model boots you will be pleased with. If you hunt where there are a lot of rocks or you are walking side hills I would go with one that has a stiffer flex rating. If you are hunting a lot of flat ground go with a less stiff flex. Just my opinion

Dtrkyman

Tried them last year, went against my own rule and bought boots without trying them on, did not work for me, size seemed ok but I had a hot spot that would not go away and it caused a blister.

Same size I wear in every boot I have and the fit actually seemed fine, luckily I was able to sell them for not too much loss.

Back to Asolo for me.

Jmillwood21

I had a pair of the Nevadas for about a year and half.  Then they leaked in wet grass.  Crispi wouldn't warranty them. However goretex did. I put my money into a pair of hanwag Alaska's.  Haven't wore them Turkey hunting yet. Plan to soon as season opens.

Swampchickin234

Lapponia gtx get my vote true to size

strut

I wore a pair of summits last year for all of turkey season and loved them. I wear them again but I also recently purchased a pair of Colorado's at a sport show that is like the summit but with a stiffer sole. Same weight. I found them to be very comfortable.

RiverBuck

I have the Thor II GTX in size 12.5 wide. They fit great. I mainly use them in the foothills of Virginia. Kind of a middle of the road stiffness. I like em and have no complaints.

TurkeyReaper69

Kennetrek mountain extremes. You'll thank me later