OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Callmaker shops and mancaves

Started by gobbler74, June 06, 2011, 02:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saint

nice shop hope it works well for your needs :happy0064: :fire:

DeWayne Knight

Quote from: gobbler74 on June 10, 2011, 09:42:48 AM
Quote from: Gobblez on June 09, 2011, 08:04:07 PM
Yes it's gas and I love it. Toggle switch on/off and a thermostatically controlled fan. This one is a Napoleon, really easy install.
Good deal. I've been thinking of infrared heaters that are supposed to be economical to operate..have to see what square footage they are good for..don't want something that's iffy.

The thing about infareds is they heat by heating objects that then radiate the heat into the air.  That's why you see them in garages and such; the heat the floor slab and the concrete radiates the heat to heat the air.  Unless you have a large heat sink like a concrete floor slab, you might want to consider another source.

gobbler74

Thanks for the heads up. May have to look at propane brick heaters.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Spring Creek Calls

I guess I used the term "gas" loosely as mine is propane. With the optional wall mounted thermostat and fan it should be both functional and good looking.

:anim_25:
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

GSLAM95

Not a callmaker but here is my man cave, it's 1/2 of the upstairs of my garage.  Pictures going around the room from L-R.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

nx95240

GSLAM95

the 2 blue head .in the case. is my dream.. hope in 4 yrs or so i have one

TarheelTurk

First of all Gobble 74 Very nice new building i hope you enjoy it once your finished and Gslam thats a dream man cave WHOOOO!! Ok so here's some pics of where im making calls now and the shop corner where my half (me & my friend building calls as a team) of whats soon to be Tobacco Row Custom Calls  will be done in the near future A HUGE THANK YOU first to  the GOOD LORD & MY DAD for giving up some space in his dream bldg to his 34yr old son. I cant say enough about what that means to me.

First part i turn the calls in a enclosed add on @ my girlfriends parents house (we spend alot of time the past 6mths here b/c her mom getting treatments for breast cancer)

Second part is where i saw my blanks and drill the holes (shed @ my dads house a few miles away)

and finally where hopefully i can do get it all done in one place/ CORNER(LOL) place eventually

Not anything special but it works for the time being. Thanks for starting this topic its been interesting
Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

drenalinld

Gslam95 that's an awesome man cave. Now if you can just shoot some long beards and big deer to put in it.......lol...

I love all the shop pics. Glad to see guys building calls wherever they can make it happen!

gobbler74

Heck yeah. Nice garage going up there.  I'll get some pics up of my current hole in the wall eventually. Gotta make sure everything that can bite is dead first.

GOLD HUNTER

LOOKING GOOD JIM !!!

You'll need a plaster job for that cave.... :icon_thumright:

gobbler74

Make it a free drywall job and you can put a wrights plastering sign on the side facing the road...come on work with me here... :icon_thumright: Will you hang chestnut boards in one room?

gobbler74

I see your sponsored by sportsmans warehouse and gander mountain.. how many poles you took in that truck? One sticker your missin though....must be on the other side ;D

GOLD HUNTER

I got 1 of your stickers  :icon_thumright: BUT it takes 2 ....one for both sides  :angel9:

gobbler74

Get you fixed up when I get that call out..I'm thinkin 24"