OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

11-87 Greenleaf find

Started by TJR, February 19, 2022, 12:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJR

Well folks I walked into a local shop this morning and saw this beauty on the rack. When I saw the price and condition I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough. I'm not sure the gun has ever been fired. Still feel like I stole it. So my question is in y'all's experience what lead loads do these like to eat with the factory extra full choke? Excited to get it out to pattern!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJR

Here's the choke. Anyone have an idea what the constriction is in these?

Tom007

One of the best turkey guns there. A real beauty. Patterns well with Indian Creek, and Carlsons chokes. A rare find, enjoy....
"Solo hunter"

Cmane08

Wanna sell it??  :drool:

Awesome find.  I believe the constriction is a .675 or so.  Pretty sure the factory super full is a .665.  I've got a bottomland BG 11-87 from that era and wound up getting a carlson's longbeard choke for it.  It patterned well with the longbeard #4s.

RED NECK

I am going to shoot longbeards 5-6 and hevi shot #6 & mag blends from mine, I bought an original jellyhead and I have a RSF choke along with a tightwad,tss jellyhead,jellyhead max to try as well. This will be the gun I carry opening morning this year. Nice pickup!
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

TJR

Quote from: Cmane08 on February 19, 2022, 01:32:25 PM
Wanna sell it??  :drool:

Awesome find.  I believe the constriction is a .675 or so.  Pretty sure the factory super full is a .665.  I've got a bottomland BG 11-87 from that era and wound up getting a carlson's longbeard choke for it.  It patterned well with the longbeard #4s.
Thanks for the info. Doubt this one will ever be sold while I'm alive. I've been after one for a long while.

b wilt

Lucky Goose

Congrats.  I really have to start going into pawn and gun shops if I'm ever going to own one.

Dr Juice

I love mine and I'm sure you will too. I have a .650 JEBs and shoot #6s HS and Mag Blends of it. It's my go to gun! Good luck with it

Which Gun

I want one. Great find congratulations.

the Ward

Congrats! That is one fine gun!

TJR

Thanks guys. I've searched high and low for so long still can't believe it. I've been struggling with the idea of taking it out to hunt as I'm hard on gear. But as with everything I have I don't see the point in having something and not using it. And I told myself if I found one I'd use it like I would any of my other guns. Just harder to commit since I have it in my hands. And honestly I didn't think I'd fine one in such good shape. Anything I can do to protect the factory finish? Or just stop thinking about it and hunt with the damn thing? It's just a gun after all. Haha

TJR

Anther question for you guys. I've never hunted with a gun with a mid bead. What should sight picture be? Cover front bead with mid bead makes sense to me but others have said stack them like figure 8.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

b wilt

I make a figure 8 with mine, I would think it would shoot awfully low to cover it, could be wrong i guess.