OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sitka turkey vest

Started by skimerhorn, February 16, 2022, 09:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzsmith

Quote from: 3chunter on February 18, 2022, 02:59:26 PM
Super elite is still the best line ever made in my opinion
agreed....its all i have ever owned. an original super elite, then a super elite 3. bought the alps super elite 4.0 when it come out 4 years. was glad they released it because my shoulders were bleached out on my super elite 3.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

slicksbeagles1

First off I like Sitka so nobody will bash me like I am against it. I saw the whole outfit at the convention! The Rogers booth had it on display. I was very disappointed to me the color sucks, no knee pads, and the vest to me looks like a run n gun 300 to me maybe less room. I asked the Sitka rep what the retail price would be but he would not say, he said supposed to be on the market March 7th.

Lucky Goose

What outfit?   I thought it was just a vest.

slicksbeagles1

They going to have a complete outfit. Vest, hat, face mask, shirt, gloves, and pants.

Howie g

Heck , if you can afford a Sitka vest ? May as well get the whole outfit .
Wouldn't want to go out with non matching Camo now would u

Lucky Goose

If that vest is $250, shoot, that's just 5 boxes of shells for some guys nowadays....  may as well get the outfit.

Or...OR you could just buy a disposable mossy oak vest every 2 years and end up in the hole.... 

Dazzler

https://www.eurooptic.com/Sitka-30048-SA-OSFA.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAiAx8KQBhAGEiwAD3EiP5vT742FKFMAF9Zhm9RYw_To_nUqe0xbOo2iOxMlULt2NAcjAJL2fRoCPjEQAvD_BwE

Reminds me of their other vest

I'm sure its nice, but for $250 they are going after a certain crowd with this one.  Hint:  The same crowd that will buy the matching outfit.

roosterstraw

Quote from: Dazzler on February 19, 2022, 11:42:03 PM
https://www.eurooptic.com/Sitka-30048-SA-OSFA.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAiAx8KQBhAGEiwAD3EiP5vT742FKFMAF9Zhm9RYw_To_nUqe0xbOo2iOxMlULt2NAcjAJL2fRoCPjEQAvD_BwE

Reminds me of their other vest

I'm sure its nice, but for $250 they are going after a certain crowd with this one.  Hint:  The same crowd that will buy the matching outfit.

That's their ascent vest, not the new turkey vest.

BBR12

I put another review on the convention thread also.
My take; it is a remake of the KnH. I didn't sit on the seat but think I liked it, if it's not to stiff. Layout was ok. That previous picture  is of David Hallorans personal vest. It is the one I tried on and he still had his calls in it along with binos and a range finder I belive . Overall I rated it pretty good on layout if you like the RnG style. I don't like that it doesn't have a chest strap and I hate their camo so it's out for me. If it comes out in bottom land or green leaf I will revisit the discussion.

Dtrkyman

I like my RNG 200, so this would have to be a major upgrade to justify the price, their subalpine may not look awesome but it sure works well.

I am more interested in their clothing actually.

Zobo

"I'm sure its nice, but for $250 they are going after a certain crowd with this one.  Hint:  The same crowd that will buy the matching outfit."

This is funny and so true!
[/quote]
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Dtrkyman

No different than all the guys wearing head to toe bottomland, a pattern you probably couldn't give away 10 years ago.

Lucky for me all my ancient mossy oak is back in style, haha, mostly shadow branch so at least I don't match everyone else.

bowbird87

I seen one at David halloran booth it was nice. The best is very minimalistic and had a folding seat like the tactical tatr 2 had.

Jester87

Some more photos emerging.

roosterstraw

Gonna wait for videos to come out but it's looking more like the grounded vest or ol tom gun slinger for me.