turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Browning Maxus ?

Started by Mike Honcho, June 05, 2011, 06:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Honcho

I've been thinking about getting a new auto...I have an excellent set up 835 and BPS 10 ga for turkeys but I'd like an auto to use for turkeys once in a while and duck/geese hunting.

The Maxus looks like it has some good features, long tapered forcing cone , .742 bore. Anyone have 40 yd  pattern results with 3 1/2 Hevi Shot or lead ??

I've also run across a 2005 model Win SX2 NWTF model that appears unfired at a good price.

Any experiences you guys have with either I would be interested in hearing.

chipper

The Maxus is a good shooting gun, I shot one for a buddy a few weeks ago to see how it patterned, shooting a IC .665 and Hevi #6 it patterned in the 210 - 220 range and was extremely dirty from hunting every day of Tn. Duck season.

chipper

I also owned the same SX2 that your talking about but it shot about 8 inches high and about4 inches left, it shot excellent patterns but when I sent it in for repair 3 years later Winchester replaced it with a New gun .

drenalinld

I like the Maxxus a lot. Shot a couple owned by friends and the patterns are good but not eye-popping. 260's w/ Hevi 7's.

PM that SX2 info if you don't buy it. Great gun as well. I haven't seen awesome patterns from them, but they sure are a pleasure to shoot!

ChiefBubba

I have the 31/2" Duck Blind camo version. I bought mine mainly for duck hunting because I have an 870 I use for Turkey hunting. I've had it since Sept and have shot probably a couple of hundred rounds through it between hunting and the skeet range. I've had no problems with it and shoots very well for me and has shoot well right out of the box for me. I would recommend it to anyone. Chief.

Jay Longhauser

I shot one last waterfowl season and really liked the gun.  It shouldered well and I never had any problems with the function of the gun.  I wanted to shoot it for turkey season with just the bead ( didnt want to have to take a red dot off for waterfowl season later) but at 40 yards the pattern was high and right 7 or 8 inches.  Ill keep shooting it at ducks and geese the felt recoil is very minimal compared to an SBE 2 and of course pump guns.

runngun

Man I have one and I love it! It shoots where I aim it and that is a plus.  Patterned it with HEVI 7s 2 1/4, 3 1/2  through a Pure Gold choke 670. AT 40 with RF I want to say was around 250/260. loaned it to my father for our hunt in OK and he dirt rolled two, one at 50 and the other at 20. They both had bad mornings. Get the Browning you wont be sorry. Not to mention it is light and absolutley don't kick at all.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

TLT

I havent shot the Maxus but have looked them over pretty good. I like the looks and feel also. I have owned several Super X 2s as well as a Browning Gold Fusion. Dont sell the Super X2 short. These guns are very underated. I currently own a Super X 3 it doesnt perform or shoot any different than any of these other guns. It is smooth, accurate, reliable and easy to clean. For me it works great and it patterns very well just as any of my other X2s did. Get whatever you feel fits you best. All these guns are great and it just comes down to more of personal preference. As for the Maxus its a Browning what more can I say. Regardless of which one of these you choose you will not go wrong.
Good luck,
TLT