OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The GOATS (Temporary Thread For Harassing Other Teams and Such...)

Started by GobbleNut, February 13, 2022, 08:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Team "Shoot them on the limb" would have to modify the blind to accommodate the over head shots

Something tells me the limblifters install their blinds upside down. Turn the directions to the other up fellas.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

FullChoke

Quote from: guesswho on February 24, 2022, 04:56:42 PM
I worry about a man who has a secret stash of googly eyes, red, yellow and orange feathers.
You can satisfy all your "Goatmeal Cookies" needs in the diabetes aisle at the same CVS Drugstore where you shoplift your Depends.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Happy

reflexl

Quote from: FullChoke on February 24, 2022, 05:12:58 PM
Quote from: guesswho on February 24, 2022, 04:56:42 PM
I worry about a man who has a secret stash of googly eyes, red, yellow and orange feathers.
You can satisfy all your "Goatmeal Cookies" needs in the diabetes aisle at the same CVS Drugstore where you shoplift your Depends.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Shop lift them why? They deliver them in discreet packages!!! Let me tell you when you an old big gobbler fixing to knock on your door it is mighty handy not to have to get up and take a leak. Let it fly and then boom!

guesswho

I went commando until I got a ticket for baiting.   Now my depends are the second thing I pack on a hunting trip.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

FullChoke

Let me tell you when you an old big gobbler fixing to knock on your door it is mighty handy not to have to get up and take a leak. Let it fly and then boom!
Who gets up and takes a leak in that situation? That's why I hold his fan across my britches during the hero shot!  :o

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Happy

You ever think you might give people the wrong impression with a picture like that?

reflexl

Quote from: FullChoke on February 24, 2022, 06:03:23 PM
Let me tell you when you an old big gobbler fixing to knock on your door it is mighty handy not to have to get up and take a leak. Let it fly and then boom!
Who gets up and takes a leak in that situation? That's why I hold his fan across my britches during the hero shot!  :o

Sounds like you need one of those discreet packages of depends delivered to your door! Then you can pose like this!

crow

Quote from: reflexl on February 24, 2022, 06:15:52 PM

Sounds like you need one of those discreet packages of depends delivered to your door! Then you can pose like this!

I know we're on the same team and all, but that gobbler looks like it was picked up off the shoulder of I-70  :happy0167:

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

reflexl

Quote from: crow on February 24, 2022, 09:45:11 PM

I know we're on the same team and all, but that gobbler looks like it was picked up off the shoulder of I-70  :happy0167:

I worked my butt off for that one. Chased him all season. Bird was psychotic. He was easy to spot because his beard stuck out. I figured it was the way he was roosting. I named him crooked beard. A saved my last tag for him. I made a quick late day hunt and spotted him. He continuously moved roosting spots over a 100 acre area. On that evening I was content to watch him go to roost from several hundred yards away. I called one of my co-workers and asked him to go in and open in the morning, I was going after a bird. I had tried everything on this bird. With and without dekes, silent treatment and anything else legal and ethical you can imagine. On the few times I tried dekes and would start coming then hang up out of range waiting for the deke to come to him. On the morning I killed him I knew very close to where he was roosted. I put out a hen decoy on my south side and knew that the bird was on my north side. At daylight I hit a call a few times and he gobbled. He knew there was supposed to be a hen down the field. He started coming then stopped and drummed a little then started for the deke. I had calculated correctly and he stopped right in front of me. I already had my gun raised. If there was ever a facial expression on a bird this one had one. He all of the sudden turned his head towards me and said oh no! Too late. POW

crow

Quote from: reflexl on February 25, 2022, 09:15:01 AM
Quote from: crow on February 24, 2022, 09:45:11 PM

I worked my butt off for that one. Chased him all season. Bird was psychotic. He was easy to spot because his beard stuck out. I figured it was the way he was roosting. I named him crooked beard. A saved my last tag for him. I made a quick late day hunt and spotted him. He continuously moved roosting spots over a 100 acre area. On that evening I was content to watch him go to roost from several hundred yards away. I called one of my co-workers and asked him to go in and open in the morning, I was going after a bird. I had tried everything on this bird. With and without dekes, silent treatment and anything else legal and ethical you can imagine. On the few times I tried dekes and would start coming then hang up out of range waiting for the deke to come to him. On the morning I killed him I knew very close to where he was roosted. I put out a hen decoy on my south side and knew that the bird was on my north side. At daylight I hit a call a few times and he gobbled. He knew there was supposed to be a hen down the field. He started coming then stopped and drummed a little then started for the deke. I had calculated correctly and he stopped right in front of me. I already had my gun raised. If there was ever a facial expression on a bird this one had one. He all of the sudden turned his head towards me and said oh no! Too late. POW

:icon_thumright:,  Sounds like a fun hunt and season
I like an ornery gobbler, I think they're the ones you remember the best

reflexl

Yep they are the best. I have one I have been on for several years. I hope he is alive this year to play again. I killed 9 birds in his yard trying to get him. He is a beast.

zelmo1

Calm down you old goats, you don't want to pop a seal at your ages. I would donate some spare parts, but mine are all used up too  :OGturkeyhead: