turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

An Early Cody?

Started by Tom007, February 07, 2022, 12:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

I picked up this Cody Glass. It has a solid Walnut looking pot, Glass calling surface and it appears to not have a soundboard. Has a real nice sound. I did some research, and cant find a picture, or what model it is. It's not an Envy model, I think it must be a real early call from Cody. Any ideas? Thanks
"Solo hunter"

rakkin6

Looks like the Cody II

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Tom007

Quote from: rakkin6 on February 07, 2022, 12:53:45 PM
Looks like the Cody II

I thought that, but the Cody II embossed the logo on the back?
"Solo hunter"

rakkin6

If you go to their website all their calls are embossed. I was just making an educated guess off the looks.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

boatpaddle

If it doesn't have the trademark burnt on the back, it may be an early made call...

Send the pictures to the Cody website & ask your their thoughts...

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Tom007

Quote from: rakkin6 on February 07, 2022, 01:08:43 PM
If you go to their website all their calls are embossed. I was just making an educated guess off the looks.

Quote from: rakkin6 on February 07, 2022, 01:08:43 PM

Thank you both, yes, once Cody gets up and running again, I will be sure to do that. I was hoping someone on here might have one. Be safe, thx again...
"Solo hunter"

3bailey3

Hey Tom looks like a recent one to me, i will give you $25 for it.........nice find!!

Tom007

Quote from: 3bailey3 on February 07, 2022, 07:51:43 PM
Hey Tom looks like a recent one to me, i will give you $25 for it.........nice find!!

Thanks my friend, I like Cody calls, but if I part with it it's yours...lol. I just can't find a picture of this particular one.......someone on here will recognize it I'm sure.
"Solo hunter"

PALongspur

That was a call that was sold in Walmart stores in the late 90s/early 2000s. Not sure on the specifics but if I remember correctly it sold for quite a bit less than a Cody II.

outdoors

I just received a
CODY Turkey Calls TURKLINE Glass Pot Call Striker Turkey friction. New in package not conditioned  don't know how old it is
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Tom007

Quote from: PALongspur on February 07, 2022, 08:05:19 PM
That was a call that was sold in Walmart stores in the late 90s/early 2000s. Not sure on the specifics but if I remember correctly it sold for quite a bit less than a Cody II.

I did not pay a lot for it, I do like the pot. It's solid, unlike some of the other Cody pots. It has a nice sound....I figured it was not one of their top calls even though it is very well made. Doesn't look mass produced. I have the Spec I  Slate, #168 the first year it came out in 1994. I think this call is earlier....thx for the input.....
"Solo hunter"

Happy

I remember the Walmart version was called the turkline or something like that. I don't remember what it looked like however.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tom007

Quote from: Happy on February 07, 2022, 08:31:24 PM
I remember the Walmart version was called the turkline or something like that. I don't remember what it looked like however.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I see that Turkline on Ebay on occasion. It has a greenish glass surface. I think I did remember seeing that in one of the retail stores, not sure which one......Someone on this post just got one I believe. Maybe they can post a pic of it?
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: outdoors on February 07, 2022, 08:09:57 PM
I just received a
CODY Turkey Calls TURKLINE Glass Pot Call Striker Turkey friction. New in package not conditioned  don't know how old it is

Maybe you can pst a pic? Congrats
"Solo hunter"

outdoors

Quote from: Tom007 on February 07, 2022, 08:36:19 PM
Quote from: outdoors on February 07, 2022, 08:09:57 PM
I just received a

Maybe you can pst a pic? Congrats
If I could I'd be glad to  don't know how to
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field