turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A gift from my Godson, unreal

Started by Tom007, January 27, 2022, 08:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

My godson Brian is an ardent Turkey hunter. I took him out when he was 13, and we coaxed a Tom into gun range, and he got him. He used my Benelli, the scope gave him the old Scope gash, but through the little dripping blood was tears of joy. This is a day I will never forget. Fast forward, he is quite an avid Turkey hunter today. Last year he started dabbling into making his own calls. Well today, he dropped off this one. Wow, it is a real beauty. He knows I like my Cody Spec One Slate, I mentioned to him I would love to get a Spec One in glass. This is his way of giving me that dream call, he even gave it a wooden sound board. It's so nice, I don't know if I want to rough it up. It probably will get in the woods this year, I owe it to him to lay it along side an old Tom's wrinkled head. This is a treasure, thought I would share it, thank you buddy......
"Solo hunter"

Sixes

That is truly a special call!!

If you don't want to scratch the glass, you can put some rainchalk on it and it should still run

Tom007

Quote from: Sixes on January 27, 2022, 08:51:13 PM
That is truly a special call!!

If you don't want to scratch the glass, you can put some rainchalk on it and it should still run

Thank you, I added a picture of the back. Nice piece of wood, I am proud of the job he did....
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

That's just awesome, what memories you and him will always have with that special call... congrats ...

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 27, 2022, 09:47:25 PM
That's just awesome, what memories you and him will always have with that special call... congrats ...

Thanks Greg, he has turned out to be a fine young man, works hard, has a family and home. He's doing great. We talk Turkey all the time. Can't wait for our seasons. Be safe...
"Solo hunter"

cutt down

That's a beauty! I know I'd hate to scuff it up too but think of the joy you & he both would have if you took a nice tom with it. That would be special!!!

ChesterCopperpot

That's cool, Tom! And, yeah, you better rough it up and kill one with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: cutt down on January 28, 2022, 12:47:42 AM
That's a beauty! I know I'd hate to scuff it up too but think of the joy you & he both would have if you took a nice tom with it. That would be special!!!

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 28, 2022, 07:00:58 AM
That's cool, Tom! And, yeah, you better rough it up and kill one with it.

You bet, thx. Jury's in, it's going in the field.....be safe
"Solo hunter"

SwampRooster17

Congrats! Now get it bloody this spring!

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

M,Yingling

great looking call ,,yes rough it up   you need go kill one with it   
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Tom007

Quote from: M,Yingling on January 28, 2022, 02:46:47 PM
great looking call ,,yes rough it up   you need go kill one with it

Wow Mike, coming from you that's great! I'll show him your thought, he will be proud. Be safe....
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

That's quite the gift, looks nice. Get out there and play it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 28, 2022, 06:44:06 PM
That's quite the gift, looks nice. Get out there and play it.

You bet Steve, thx. I found out it's Tigerwood.....
"Solo hunter"

Old Timer

Congrats! He gave it to you from his heart. A real blessing. Enjoy