OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quick note from Seth

Started by Seth41, January 27, 2022, 03:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth41

I've gotten several messages from folks asking me to make them tooling and reamers.  I feel it's easier to just make a post letting folks know that I'm not in the business of making reamers, tooling, etc.  Those who I have chatted with about the possibility of making reamers I have asked them to provide their own dimensions and I'm guessing they will attest to this if they read this post.  I've posted pictures and even a video recently of reamer sets I made for myself and I've gotten several requests from folks asking me to make reamers.  I have turned down every request thus far, told them I'm too busy right now, or referred them to companies I know who will make them.  I'm humbled by the requests but I just don't have time nor the desire to build reamers other than the ones I make for my own musical instruments and my calls.  If you ask me to make you a reamer I'm going to respectfully say no, mostly because of hearing this accusation today.   Apparently someone is trying to start drama saying that I'm making reamers and selling them to call makers.  If you need a reamer made there is a company called Gammons ,in Connecticut I believe, and they do good work.

Most of you guys are absolutely great and I enjoy the friendships gained but there is always those for whatever reason in any group that try and create drama.  The most frustrating part is feeling like I have to defend myself against the dishonesty of others.

Thanks, Seth

Seth Hamon
2024 Grand Nationals 1st Trumpet Tom Turpin Award
2024 Grand Nationals 2nd 2-12 Turpin Trumpet
2023 Grand Nationals 5th Place 2-12 Turpin Trumpet
2023 Grand Nationals - 2nd - Jordan Yelper
2023 Grand Nationals 2nd - Crow Call
2022 Grand Nationals 3rd Place 2-12 Turpin Trumpet
2022 Buckeye World 1st & 2nd - Crow Call
2022 Buckeye Worlds 2nd Trumpet Hunting

TheBigSnood

I can 100% attest to this!  I was one of the people mentioned here that reached out to Seth regarding a reamer! We never discussed using someone else's specs, only my own. Seth is a wealth of knowledge, with upmost integrity.  It's sad that there are folks that live and breathe to start drama over anything.  Carry on Brother, just wanted to share my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you willing to step out of the boat as Peter did?  Think about it, he wouldn't have walked on water without stepping out of the boat!

ol bob

Most don't know the average charge for machine shop work is around $100. per hour. When I was making trumpet reamers if I finished one in 8 hrs. I was lucky no one wants to pay that for a reamer.