OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New 2022 Turkey vests

Started by kytrkyhntr, November 28, 2021, 01:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3chunter

Think I have the same vest from 2006 ish.  Been sewed up numerous times. Super elite.

msm210

Quote from: BBR12 on February 16, 2022, 08:46:05 PM
Quote from: aclawrence on February 16, 2022, 08:16:57 PM
What's the chance of a Sitka vest in bottomland

I'm gonna guess 0%. I don't care for there camo patterns.

I will be going to Nashville though so I will see what all is available there.
Saw the vest today; typical Sitka camo pattern and no option.  Kind of a minimalist vest, not something I'd be interested in.  Retails at $249.  It is at the David Halloran booth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roberthyman14

Quote from: Jmillwood21 on February 08, 2022, 06:41:34 PM
I rigged up my Marsupial Bino harness to use this season.  Added a kifaru hydration pack. Should carry all I need. Have been using the K&H RnG 300 past two seasons.

You may have just created the best vest.  That really peaks my interest.

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

Old Cat

I rigged up my Marsupial Bino harness to use this season.  Added a kifaru hydration pack. Should carry all I need. Have been using the K&H RnG 300 past two seasons.

Is that a bear spray holster you have your box call in?

Lucky Goose

He said it was a bear spray holder but it was tight so it may not fit all boxes.  Kifaru and marsupial both make a hydration pouch, but I think the kifaru is more versatile and better designed.  That system would be great and you could easily attach your favorite butt pad to the back and flip it up and clip it.   I think i'd store my strikers inside with the bino's to keep them dry from my sweat though.

You're talking around $400 all said and done for that setup.  Buy once, cry once all USA MADE gear though!

TalknTurkey

After getting the Turkey Pro, I ended up sending it back. I'm below average build (5'5" 160lbs) and it just did not carry comfortably on my chest. My chest and torso are too narrow and it felt bulky and uncomfortable on me. For larger folks, it may be a better fit, but didn't work out for me. I then decided to pick up the run n gun 200 and initial impressions of it are much better.

Dazzler

Quote from: TalknTurkey on February 19, 2022, 05:18:58 PM
I then decided to pick up the run n gun 200 and initial impressions of it are much better.

I really like that vest design.  I hope you have better luck with the stitching than I did.

Old Cat

Quote from: Lucky Goose on February 19, 2022, 12:56:33 PM
He said it was a bear spray holder but it was tight so it may not fit all boxes.  Kifaru and marsupial both make a hydration pouch, but I think the kifaru is more versatile and better designed.  That system would be great and you could easily attach your favorite butt pad to the back and flip it up and clip it.   I think i'd store my strikers inside with the bino's to keep them dry from my sweat though.

You're talking around $400 all said and done for that setup.  Buy once, cry once all USA MADE gear though!

You might want to look at alaskan guide creations stuff, made in the us too. I'm think I'm going w their bino harness and bladder pack. Kuiu has something similar , theirs is a bit cheaper , it nets out at 180 w a bladder. 

The sticking point w all of them for me is a box call holder.  I may just go w a readhead holster ( the one for a belt loop) and thread it to the right or left on the harness chest strap. 

bigriverbum

Quote from: Old Cat on February 19, 2022, 11:36:57 PM
Quote from: Lucky Goose on February 19, 2022, 12:56:33 PM

You might want to look at alaskan guide creations stuff, made in the us too. I'm think I'm going w their bino harness and bladder pack. Kuiu has something similar , theirs is a bit cheaper , it nets out at 180 w a bladder. 

The sticking point w all of them for me is a box call holder.  I may just go w a readhead holster ( the one for a belt loop) and thread it to the right or left on the harness chest strap.

get a yoder long or short box holster and run the chest strap of your vest through it to carry it on your chest. works great for me

the Ward

That is a great setup! Love to have a vest system like that.

TauntoHawk

Ol tom gunslinger looks pretty solid but I'm not sure about the one size fits all, usually those are just too big and floppy for my frame.

I'd need to see in person

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ssramage

Does anyone have any idea when the Gunslinger will be available? I've been using the Nomad MG the last few years but haven't been crazy about it...

Upfold99

Just noticed NMG Bull Lounger

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

tmcguire

I am a big fan of the chest harnesses. Fit my style of hunting perfectly. Have been on the hunt for the perfect one.

Purchased the Run n Gun 100 and it's almost perfect. Only issue are the internal slate call pockets are extremely difficult to get calls back into -- going to see if I can modify it. And it's just a tad too small to close properly with 2 calls and my vortex 8 x 32's in there.

Also have an outdoor vision pro turkey on order, looks promising but also look more bulky.

Jmillwood21

That bear spray holster fits my box and it's made from don Watkins. It's a little tight but has loosened up some leaving the call in there. It's almost perfect. Def wasn't the cheapest option. But does what I want it to well.  Look forward to using it this season.  There are different bear spray holsters on the market. I went with the marsupial to match up with my Bino harness. I also have a Fanny pack to throw into the mix if I wanted more options. Like I said tho a Vest would be the cheaper option! But I like my binos being with me. And it cuts out on some bulk from the vest.   I did look into the outdoor vision setup. It kinda looked big. With these attachments my Bino harness really isn't to bulky. And won't really be in the way shooting or sitting. I'm always wearing it when I'm in the woods anyways. So this makes sense.