News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New 2022 Turkey vests

Started by kytrkyhntr, November 28, 2021, 01:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: ncwoodsman on January 14, 2022, 02:09:50 PM
I've been really interested in the chest packs lately for running and gunning and I just ordered this one. It's made by Outdoor Vision in Alaska and the reviews are really good. The layout seems to be well thought out, guess I will see when I hit the woods with it this season.

https://outdoorvisiongear.com/products/turkey-pro-i

Got the same one, bought it the end of last year. Keeps things simple, will try it this year also. It is well made...
"Solo hunter"

Tail Feathers

Thanks for that review Cbryant1, and welcome to OG! :wagon:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Bottomland

I went away from the turkey vest years ago and its been the best decision I've ever made.  I've been using a belt system from Marsupial Gear.  Its is everything I need any more.  Using the belt system in conjunction with the bino harness I have all the room in the world.  Its pretty much like a army belt system but built for hunters.  Below is the link

For seat cushion I have made my own.  I went a bought a wheel barrow tire tube and sewed a pouch with a shoulder strap.  I have sit on this seat for hours on end and not think twice. Lightweight and never wears out.  If the tube leaks go to local hardware and get you another for 5 bucks.

https://www.marsupialgear.com/collections/modular-belt-system

Tried to post a pic but not sure if its going to work of the belt system but link is above.  All American made in the USA

kytrkyhntr

Nomad will have new vest at NWTF with a frame in it I heard yesterday. If you guys remember the original thread was about new turkey vests for this year. Lol
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Jmillwood21

I rigged up my Marsupial Bino harness to use this season.  Added a kifaru hydration pack. Should carry all I need. Have been using the K&H RnG 300 past two seasons.

Bottomland

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 07, 2022, 08:43:11 PM
Nomad will have new vest at NWTF with a frame in it I heard yesterday. If you guys remember the original thread was about new turkey vests for this year. Lol

Agreed but in my opinion the new vests that our available today aren't setup great.  They are also all cheaply made and you don't get your money out of them, that's why I have gone to other systems.  New vests on the market today are hot and heavy or zippers and other stuff break in first season. 

I've been trying to find a vest for years but not satisfied with any of them.  I retired (or put away really) my bob dixon I used for a couple seasons.  I saw how much people are paying for the Dixon and said this is to valuable to be hunting with everyday.  Ever since then been searching for a new vest but Marsupial is where I have landed and really enjoy the setup.

Lucky Goose

Clever set up JMill.  What's holding that box call?

Jmillwood21

Quote from: Lucky Goose on February 10, 2022, 01:20:29 PM
Clever set up JMill.  What's holding that box call?

Its a bear spray holder from marsupial gear. I bought it last week in hopes it would fit and it does. It's snug fit but has loosened up leaving it in there a couple days. 

Lucky Goose

Gotcha.  That looks like a great set up...you may have me spending some money soon. 

I've never had that hydration pouch in hand before.  With no bladder, do you think you could fit a light jacket in it? 

I do worry about the strikers getting wet from sweat in that bino pocket.   

Spladle160

I have an Alps Grand slam I like fairly well but it is a bit bulky, especially with a few decoys in it. I usually hunt a field from a blind and sit in a chair in which case I have everything carefully laid out around me but If I decide to move around some I use the vest. I would definitely look for something smaller if I was going to be walking more than a mile or 2.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

TalknTurkey

Just saw this on FB. Apparently David partnered with Sitka to design a vest. It'll probably be $$$ but interested to see it! Anyone have any details on it? Or anyone that's at the show that can swing by his booth to take a look at it and report back?

roosterstraw

Quote from: TalknTurkey on February 16, 2022, 07:43:04 PM
Just saw this on FB. Apparently David partnered with Sitka to design a vest. It'll probably be $$$ but interested to see it! Anyone have any details on it? Or anyone that's at the show that can swing by his booth to take a look at it and report back?

Great. Just when I didn't want to spend any more money on turkey gear this year, they come out with this.

aclawrence

What's the chance of a Sitka vest in bottomland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBR12

Quote from: aclawrence on February 16, 2022, 08:16:57 PM
What's the chance of a Sitka vest in bottomland

I'm gonna guess 0%. I don't care for there camo patterns.

I will be going to Nashville though so I will see what all is available there.

N2TRKYS

The Bucklick Creek vest that I've been using since '99 is the best for me.  I don't know what I'll have to settle with once it wears out, cause they don't make them like that anymore. 
83% of all statistics are made up.