OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sumtoy and 3.5" Mag Blends

Started by JUGHEAD, June 01, 2011, 11:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUGHEAD

Alright gents...I've decided that I really want to explore getting the best patterns I can from the 3.5" Mag blends as I would really like to hunt with them next season for many reasons (used the 3" with great success this year in a Mossy 500, like the extra velocity, like the 5's and 6's mixed in, price relative to Nitros, etc.).  After reading everything here about Sumtoy, their customer service, etc., I decided to contact them and William came up with a suggestion for my 935 accordingly and he was right in line with what I was thinking after reading MOUNDS of data on this website.  He has also offered to change it up after the fact if we don't get what we're hoping for.....that is CRAZY customer service right there! 

While he's working on the choke, I'm gonna get my 24" barrel polished up and ready for some near future testing that I will certainly be sharing here accordingly.  Man, I'm hoping this works out! 

Gobble!

kdog

I am also working with William from SumToy on a few of his chokes for my Remington 11-87 with a 21" barrel....I also will be shooting Hevi-shot.I have a SumToy .650 & .660 on the way and whichever works better I keep and send the other back.Now that's customer service.With customer service like that I'm definately on the SumToy bandwagon and will be posting a few pattern pics as soon as they arrive and I get to the range.

Thanks again William for outstanding customer service!

Sincerely,
Kdog
KeithWalters

TauntoHawk

i was blown away when I went from lead 6's and factory full to hevi blends and jellyhead .665 next year im going to also try a sumtoy and a few other hevi shot sizes

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kdog

I just tried the Hevi Shot 3" Mag Blends with a Sumtoy .660 out of my Rem 11-87 with a 21" Brl and averaged 168 hits in a 10"circle at 40 yds.I havent seen much info on patterns with the Mag Blends but heres one i took a pic of.

Gobble!

great pattern kdog from a 3" shell

JUGHEAD

Quote from: kdog on June 11, 2011, 09:10:14 PM
I just tried the Hevi Shot 3" Mag Blends with a Sumtoy .660 out of my Rem 11-87 with a 21" Brl and averaged 168 hits in a 10"circle at 40 yds.I havent seen much info on patterns with the Mag Blends but heres one i took a pic of.

Cool and thanks for sharing!  That's pretty strong for a 21" barrel I think?  I averaged in the 170's earlier this year with the 3" Mag blends out of a dirty barreled Mossberg 500, 24" barrel, with Mossberg XXfull .670 choke. 

My 24" barreled 935 is at my gunsmith as we speak getting a thorough cleaning, trigger job, and a Limbsaver recoil pad.  I've got several boxes of 3.5" Mag blends and 3 different chokes ready to rock and roll as soon as I get it back and get the barrel polished.  You guys will be the first to know the results when I finally get some powder burned.

archery1

william of sumtoy chokes is a great guy.. he will work with you all he can to make you happy... one of the best customer service around.. thanks again. i put a sumtoy choke on my mossy and it has the best patterns with the 3" shells than my other 3 choke tubes. i got my best patterns from the hevi shells.. way to go william and keep up the great work
Take a kid hunting

n2deer

It gonna be winter before you shoot that thing?

JUGHEAD

Quote from: n2deer on June 19, 2011, 05:09:39 AM
It gonna be winter before you shoot that thing?
Still waiting to get it back from the smith Bro.